VIC Lysterfield Park

Mtb_Endo

Likes Bikes
Lysterfield is open, not sure about Birdsland / North Lyserfield (other side of Wellington Rd).

Smoke yesterday was pretty impressive, i felt a bit yuk by the end of my ride at Lysterfield yesterday but the smoke today is just about gone.

Travis.
Awesome thanks.

Last few days of daylight savings, dont wanna miss out :D

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Spoke too soon re: the smoke, was gone this morning but looks like they have resumed burning this arvo, again its North of Wellington rd so barring any extreme changes in the fire you should be fine to ride at Lysterfield.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
How'd you go endo?

I just got back from a night ride there and the smoke was choking! Currently having a few whiskys till the sickly smoky feeling in my lungs has been replaced by a more pleasent whisky enduced smokey flavor!

Travis.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
How'd you go endo?

I just got back from a night ride there and the smoke was choking! Currently having a few whiskys till the sickly smoky feeling in my lungs has been replaced by a more pleasent whisky enduced smokey flavor!

Travis.
Yep, last night was quite bad, I regretted doing a full lap.

Mtb_Endo

Likes Bikes
How'd you go endo?

Travis.
We were fine, no smoke. Left the carpark at the Servo on Wellington road about 6pm. Just did a short loop up to Aneurysm, wants to hit it before it got dark. Didnt get much chance to test the new lights though :S

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
For anyone who is not on the Lysty FB page or doesn't go to their club forum:

ANEURYSM IS CLOSED.
Due to the current weather and strong winds, we have had many reports of fallen trees around the park. Aneurysm is currently closed due to widow makers (broken limbs of trees held up by other branches midair) above the trail. Please also take caution of your surroundings if you choose to ride.
Stay safe,
LDTR.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trail building / maintenance - August

Hi folks,
When is this set for in August for Lysterfield?
By my reckoning it's this weekend? Anyone have any details to share?

Thanks!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks fella. Clearly I have my (low output) weekend brain in as I should have looked there first.
Much appreciated.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
...was talking to a ranger at my local late this morning when he got a call in regards to something up at the hallam rd nth carpark area...sounded serious.
anyone know whats up? accident or did someone get into some health problems up there and need attention....?

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We saw the ambulance arrive but didn't see where it was headed to.
When a mate and I were riding up from Aneurysm there didn't seem to be anything wrong there.

Might well be up at Comm Games descent?