VIC Lysterfield Park

slowmick

38-39"
I was out there a week ago and the top was untouched but they had been doing fire preparation works and had dropped trees all over the place including the trail. If i had to guess i was suggest that the guys doing the clean up found the trail and reported it or asked what they had to do with it. the rangers have gone to great lengths to destroy the trail. to the extent the tree with northshore nailed to it has been cut into 5 foot lengths and spread apart.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Do it right first time...or don't do it at all. The trail builders motto should match that of the land managers...if you can't do that then you are amateurs who deserve the treatment.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
True. After the burn Parks and DSE will forget about it. Won't be too hard to rebuild.
Got a chainsaw mount for the banshee?

I was out there a week ago and the top was untouched but they had been doing fire preparation works and had dropped trees all over the place including the trail. If i had to guess i was suggest that the guys doing the clean up found the trail and reported it or asked what they had to do with it. the rangers have gone to great lengths to destroy the trail. to the extent the tree with northshore nailed to it has been cut into 5 foot lengths and spread apart.
Hopefully the new track will feature massive jumps over these logs.

Very sad, was going to drag the glory up there this week too.

UL7R4

Squid
The lower section is Fucked but they will burn that section soon.. they chainsawed the whole trail but inadvertently cleared it to a degree.

And they crushed the shovels that were hidden in the lower section.. lol..

It can be rebuilt.

Ant track was stacked with logs all the way down...

Good work DSE..

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Went out and had a few runs on Aneurysm today.

LOVE the effort that has gone into the berms! Really nice flow and I was enjoying going through them thoroughly.

On the downside (for me), there are not a lot more features that highlight my lack of skill. I noticed almost every jump got some love in making the lips much better. Now I just need to learn how to ride them properly so I don't nose dive on them. On the plus side, the little log jump at the top is a great little spot to session so thumbs up!

The ONLY thumbs down is the crossing across the drainage right at the top. Felt a bit incomplete like it should have been filled up a bit more. But that's subjective I imagine.

Anyway, get out there and check it out. Great work by the crew!

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How'd the exploration go guru?
BK primarily went up to see if they trail from the bottom of the granite wall to the lights was closed as its been there for probably 20 years. Not closed or destroyed, just got debris on the trail from the fuel reduction works.

Signs at the top of the illegal trail have all ready been torn down and were on the ground.

Anyone got any links to legislation/rules on illegal trail work. Interesting to see the fine points of the rules

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Are the normal trails open though?
Lysterfield is open, not sure about Birdsland / North Lyserfield (other side of Wellington Rd).

Smoke yesterday was pretty impressive, i felt a bit yuk by the end of my ride at Lysterfield yesterday but the smoke today is just about gone.

Travis.