Lysterfield XC weeknights

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interested in regular night rides around lysterfield lake?

I dont get home from work till around 7pm so im looking for anyone who would like to ride say 7.30pm onwards for between 1 and 2 hours. I have my own lights etc... been out there on my own a bit so i thought id ask around.

Can be 1,2,3,4 nights a week. Mon - Fri... im easy

Used to race a lot, XC DH and DS, been out of it for around 5/6 years after some (2) big accidents (in 2 years) that well put off all of my riding mates at the time... these days im about 20kg heavier then when i raced...

Looking at around 45min to 1hour per "lap" of all the good stuff around lysterfield, sometimes im a little quicker but thats about the average until i can loose some weight!

Please post here if your interested and we can go from there.

Travis.

John U

MTB Precision
I'm keen. I have been going to organise something like this since I moved to Ringwood East a couple of months ago. Time to pull my finger out.
I have got the Otway Oddysey this weekend so not up for it this week.
Any chance of of starting at the servo on Wellington Road?

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

i live in narre south so it takes me about 5/10 min to drive there.

i couldnt be bothered riding there anymore like the good old days... well unless that is i can really pickup my fitness!

i generally alternate carparks and most of the time ride anti clockwise around the place.

it would be easiest if we met at one of the carparks but could try and sort out a time to meet on the track at the gate down from the servo John.

**or... do you know if i can park at the servo and go from there... i dont really mind driving around the park if thats a starting place that would suit more people.**

Travis.

Last edited:
heyy boys im interested, i live in wantirna so will take me 30-45 mins to get there but im keen on some of this riding round the lake always wanted to do it there, but ma mates r slackers who ride BMX and cant ride for 10 minutes decent pace.

=D what locaiton is the start point and what generall time we shall start? just for my own convenience so i know when to leave my house. Im free mondays wednesdays friday nites if i dont want to go to baseball & some sat nites most sunday nites. :)

thanks guys

Hudo

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
I like the servo because it means I don't have to chuck a u-turn on wellington road which can be pretty dangerous and is illegal. I think there is enough parking at the servo near the phone booth on the road heading north from the servo for about 4 or 5 cars.

I can probably only only do one night a week. Not really fussy what night but Monday to Thursday would be the best.

I think 7.30 would suit nicely.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
John ill pay a little visit sometime this week / end and sus out the carparking.

If it looks good then we can make that the starting place unless the others would rather the carparks at lysterfield?

Next thing to figure out... what's everyones take on the weather - rain hail or shine?

Im generally there in for all weather, including all of the 40+ deg days we've just gone through... was great, noone else was there!

If we wont to try something next week, Mon looks like there still could be rain then it seems to be clearing up through the week...

Travis.

John U

MTB Precision
John ill pay a little visit sometime this week / end and sus out the carparking.

If it looks good then we can make that the starting place unless the others would rather the carparks at lysterfield?

Next thing to figure out... what's everyones take on the weather - rain hail or shine?

Im generally there in for all weather, including all of the 40+ deg days we've just gone through... was great, noone else was there!

If we wont to try something next week, Mon looks like there still could be rain then it seems to be clearing up through the week...

Travis.
Looks like it's favouring wednesday then. I am sure my arse will agree with following the effort on the weekend.

are we talking about the servo on corner of napoleon & wellington?

1hr + ride haha :p no good :(

will see wat i can do but wednesday suits me perfect (Y)

hudo.

Last edited:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Guys the more the better,

dont stress on the duration... we can easily call it a night after one lap (40-60 minutes)

Sorry i didnt get a chance to sus out the carparking John.

Im getting married this weekend so ive just had to many other things to do...

Travis.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey John,

Maybe tomorrow night... thats all i could do.

Thurs - i have to take our dog to the vet

Fri - leave for the wedding

(were getting married out in the country on a private property 4 days everyone camping etc...)

Would be able to do say 1 lap of the area (1 hour ish)

Travis.

John U

MTB Precision
Travis,

I am up for a lap tonight if you can still do it. I might have been a bit late getting this response to you.

How does 7.30 at the phone booth on the east side of the service station on the corner of wellington road and lysterfield road at 7.30 sound?

John

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hi John,

No worries re: late notice, i work best with it!

I can be there, id say 7.30 would be ok.

I should be home by 7 - BUT this is relying on the public transport service, and my buss from the train station can be plus or minus 15-20minutes at times!

Once i get home i can be ready in 10min. So id say i should be there between 7.30-7.40pm tonight.

Travis.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
oh, oh, oh

i forgot to say if its is raining... i shall not be riding. But if it is iffy ill turn up with my bike and see what happens.

if i get a cold 2 days before my wedding because i went out riding...

lets just say it wouldnt be a good way to start :)

Travis.

John U

MTB Precision
So, we went and did a lap and all was good. Neither of us hit a roo which was good because there were plenty about. We will be going again soon so if anyone is interested in joining us post in here so we can be organised with all the details.

Cheers,
john

mushroom

Likes Dirt
I know it is short notice, but is anyone up for a ride tonight at Lysterfield at about 8pm? I've got a new set of lights that I'm keen to try out. I can meet at either the Commonwealth Games Hut or on the wellington road side of the park.

Last edited: