Lysterfield XC weeknights

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey Matt,

i need to be back at the car asap tonight, have to get the misses (sorry - wife now) from her work.

im in for one lap.

something like #6 / 7 / 8 across the dam wall, around to #2 / 3 / 4 / 5 then back to the car.

Travis.

pchdisco3

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

If I can make it by 8.15pm at the hut I'll call Matt. Otherwise have a good one.

I've PM'ed Matt my mobile as well.

PCH

mushroom

Likes Dirt
Had a fun ride with Travis last night, but it is really dusty out there at the moment! After missing them all ride I managed to catch a decent sized kangaroo with the front of my car on the way out of the carpark!

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey Matt,

again mate - forget the car and the roo - your dam lucky your car isnt a foot lower in teh bonnet. If that had been my car, the roo would have come through the windscreen!

Guys as per Matt's post, yeh we had a good ride around the park again. But the DUST... god dam it! I have never ever ever ever had to stop riding to flush out my good eye... (yeh im 95%+ blind in one eye) it got so irritated and hurt like hell by 3/4 of the way around so i had to stop and poor some water in it for a bit.

As for the roo incident - basically we were leaving the carpark (end of hallam north rd) and matt took off first... i come around the corner and he's stopped on the road and i can already see fluids running down the road from the car... get out and matt tells me he's just cleaned up a roo. were talking not even half a km from the carpark.

took out the radiator and some panel damage but luckily the roo bounced back away from the car and didnt come up over the bonnet.

i hope your car gets sorted soon matt and it would be good to get back out for another ride anytime you can... give me a call anytime.

Travis.

pchdisco3

Likes Bikes
Matt bad luck about the roo.

Guys, sorry I couldn't make it last night (the wife had a long face when I asked to go out for another ride). If you are going out next week let me know the meet up time and I'll see if I can get there this time.

I usually get out there 3 times a week.

PCH

pchdisco3

Likes Bikes
Any of you guys up for ride this Wed night (19th Mar)?

I can make an 8-8.15pm start at the Hallam Nth Rd carpark

PCH

mushroom

Likes Dirt
I can't do Wednesday night this week (I'm relying on borrowed cars at the moment!) but can do tonight or possibly Wednesday morning (though the earliest I could get there by train&bike would be about 6:30am.

pchdisco3

Likes Bikes
Mushroom,

Sorry I can't make tonight.

For a morning ride I've got to get home at 6.30am to get ready to go to work.

Hope you can get your car fixed soon.

PCH

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

ill check back here before i leave work...

if anyone is up for a ride tonight ill turn up.

Travis

***with regards to the post above***

im not really sure what your referring to ILMP but if i was to ride to the venue after getting home it would delay the start by another 30-40minutes (to my side of the park) the phone box we were talking about there would mean already doing half a lap of the pack before meeting up with anyone... add another 30-40minutes to get to the phone box... and generally the "lap" we've been doing is at full speed... so until i find someone who matches my fitness it would be silly to roll up already buggered before even starting....

then add the ride home.... so my 1 hour night ride has just become a 2-3hour ride... sure ill get fit, but ill also get divorced... if you wont to help me get fit mate, come out for a ride with me on some other week nights, not just Wed. as the guys here have been doing thus far

:)

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision
Half way through a rebuild. Tonight is new bearings night. Keen when finished though. Have a good 1.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Matt,

sorry mate im going to have to work back tonight! :(

after the lack of sleep last night due to the fact that it was about 45deg. upstairs in my room... all i really wont to do is go home... but im so dam busy at work this week!

id SMS you, but with all the excitement going on last week after the roo incident ive forgotten to add your number in my phone so its now lost in all the 'received calls'

Travis.

pchdisco3

Likes Bikes
If anyone is available for a ride tonight I'll be passing the carpark at Hallam Nth Rd approx 8pm after the taking the Comm Games route since I come from the Churchhill NP side.

Depending on how I feel I'll head on down to the lake via the Hug Trail (#6)and Blair Witch Trail (#8) and do part of Buckle Trail (#2) and back out to Churchill via Redgum trail (#5) and Comm Game track (#10).

I need to get back home by around 9.30pm (latest)

PCH

mushroom

Likes Dirt
Last night was good, the receent rain has been keeping the dust down. 8pm tonight at Hallam Nth Rd carpark if anybody is keen!

pchdisco3

Likes Bikes
See you tonight Mushroom.

We need to get in a ride tonight before the rain sets in tomorrow morning and fills up the puddles again.

PCH