Lysty - too wet?

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I reckon they're both excellent, my usual loop includes repeats of each.
I'd go for Follow Me. Aneurysm is more pedally - to take Aneurysm faster I'd need to get fitter; to take Follow me faster, I need to get better and braver.

That said, a few weeks ago the good people who build trails made a short link track from the end of Granite Link to the bottom half of Aneurysm. Probably my favorite run in the park.
Haha. Good feedback.

I have to work on my fitness as I am puffed at the end of Follow Me so will probably die on aneurysm.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Haha. Good feedback.

I have to work on my fitness as I am puffed at the end of Follow Me so will probably die on aneurysm.
I find to get any real speed up on Follow Me I need to pedal a lot. Aneurysm is a lot more flowy. Just bounce from berm to berm and throw in a pedal here and there and it's sweet.

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
hey guys

I came to lystie last sat, couldnt find the follow me trail.

Which street should i park at if i want to get onto the follow me trail?

cheers

Zam

Likes Dirt
The closest place to park near Follow Me would be on Wellington Rd, just up from the water tank, else you can park at the carpark at the main gate and ride in from there which is a pretty easy ride and good to get warmed up.

TehEkHo

Squid
Went out for a run tonight. Did a hug and blair witch, and then just stuck to the fire trails back to Hallam north road carpark. It wasn't too bad. Couldn't hit the trails too hard as we were both under equipped in terms of light, but a good run nonetheless.

Anyone else silly enough to ride there at night? :)

Zam

Likes Dirt
To be honest I live about 15 mins away and if they haven't about a 100mm of rain there in the last 12 hrs I would be extremely surprised....

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Based on the lysterfieldmtb site, yes. Most trails are rated as average in terms of quality and aneurysm looks like the only trail still closed.

Bermacide, new trail from what I understand, is also open now though I am not sure where it is.

monc

Likes Dirt
Based on the lysterfieldmtb site, yes. Most trails are rated as average in terms of quality and aneurysm looks like the only trail still closed.

Bermacide, new trail from what I understand, is also open now though I am not sure where it is.
The date on that trail status report is Feb 20 2013.....

dunndog

Eats Squid
To be honest I live about 15 mins away and if they haven't about a 100mm of rain there in the last 12 hrs I would be extremely surprised....
If you're anywhere near right, I'd be very surprised if the place would be in any condition to be ridden. Anyone with any wits about them would probably realise that pretty well nowhere should be ridden a day after it receives 100mm of rain.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
If you're anywhere near right, I'd be very surprised if the place would be in any condition to be ridden. Anyone with any wits about them would probably realise that pretty well nowhere should be ridden a day after it receives 100mm of rain.
Well put.
It's officially open and you can get on a bike and wallow through it. The question is whether you should. For me the answer is a definite 'no'. I remember waiting for ages last year for the trails to be repaired enough to be ridden after winter. It'd be nice not to have the same this year.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah was really looking forward to getting ou t there this weekend as it has been about 6 weeks since I have last ride and had a free weekend, but after the rain the other night decided to stay away as much as it hurt me to do so.