Lysty - too wet?

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
It was alright today. A few muddy sections but very ridable. Good fun.

I decided to ride aneurysm today since everone I talked to recommended it.

The jumps are definately more technical than follow me but the pedalling sections killed me! So unfit.

On follow me I was 140th out of like 1130 riders using strava while on aneurysm I was 800ish out off 870 or something.

So need to really work on my fitness.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
It was alright today. A few muddy sections but very ridable. Good fun.

I decided to ride aneurysm today since everone I talked to recommended it.

The jumps are definately more technical than follow me but the pedalling sections killed me! So unfit.

On follow me I was 140th out of like 1130 riders using strava while on aneurysm I was 800ish out off 870 or something.

So need to really work on my fitness.
That and strava segment is ruined as the fire road registers as aneurysm, so don't worry

Nautonier

Eats Squid
That and strava segment is ruined as the fire road registers as aneurysm, so don't worry
Yeah, it's a complete waste of time... I even tried starting 20m off to the left and riding down the grass to make a new segment, but it still picked up the (deleted adjective string) fire road warrior times...

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Anuersym is a play track rather than race track so have fun focusing on hitting all the A lines smoothly rather than nailing it as quick as possible

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I did a quick loop on monday, Avoid upper buckle, there's a sign at the redgum end but nothing at the other end. There's 'puddles' in there that are dead set axle deep and some of the really muddy sections in lower buckle are getting destroyed. Had to push the single speed through some of it as the rear was just slipping all over the place. The rest of the loop is pretty much fine, little wet but not getting smashed as hard an no new water bodies being created...

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah i did some laps on Sunday morning and it was all good, as said Upper Buckle was closed going from the Trailmix side, but all the other tracks i rode were in great condition with no standing water.

Skarajew

Likes Bikes
heavy(ish) rain during the week, followed by what looks to be a dry weekend.... No one has asked the question yet? Whats the condish?

Regards,

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
I know it's been wet but where does it say the trails are closed? Parks Vic and ldtr websites don't mention the park is closed. Regular riders know which trails are affected more than others and which ones to stay off. I can understand that it's easier saying they are shut but plenty of people will be riding today and tomorrow because the two major sources of info say they are open.

Oldas

Likes Dirt
You Yangs was absolute perfection today. If your looking for somewhere to ride its well worth it ATM . Super tacky trails with hardly any puddles on either side of the park.

Good choice while letting Lysty dry, hopefully in time for summer :)

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
It's pretty slushy out there.

Aneurysm is very wet and soft, there is a flat section that is just plain mud so I would say avoiding it would be an idea.

Follow Me is pretty good, no soft spots that I noticed today.

Also went along Buckle (the one that is the continuation of Follow Me) and that was pretty wet/muddy.

In related news, not sure if they are on here but I have to thank the two blokes who helped me out after I stacked hard towards the end of Aneurysm. Last run of the day, got complacent and cocked up the smallest jump in the world. Pads and helmet paid or themselves today.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, might go for a quick ride and if too wet just do a couple of laps on the fire trails.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
trails were sweet out there tonight only a couple of boggy spots. the track that starts opposite follow me has a new double in it about 3/4 of the way down the landing is really really soft nearly went straight over the bars when i landed , don't know how i managed to ride it out so be careful. who ever owns that murdered out rock shox hilux its so sick looks so tough

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
So, I am planning on going out to ride Aneurysm this Sunday.

But, my plan is to just focus on the first section from the start line to after the table tops.

I am mainly looking to work on my jumping technique to build up confidence for gaps.

I want to record it and see how I take off, what I get upto in the air and how/where I land.

My question, is this going to be frowned upon by other riders since I will be pulling off the track just after the right hand berm and going up to start again?

Thoughts?

Zam

Likes Dirt
My question, is this going to be frowned upon by other riders since I will be pulling off the track just after the right hand berm and going up to start again?

Thoughts?
Dont see why not, as long as you arent holding up toher riders or making it unsafe for others i couldnt see an issue with it

ualf

Likes Dirt
So, I am planning on going out to ride Aneurysm this Sunday.

But, my plan is to just focus on the first section from the start line to after the table tops.

I am mainly looking to work on my jumping technique to build up confidence for gaps.

I want to record it and see how I take off, what I get upto in the air and how/where I land.

Thoughts?
Nothing wrong with sessioning a section. I'd be surprised if anyone objected, just be aware of any other riders coming down behind you.

You could also practice your jumps near the pump track below the dam wall.