Marino Bike Co rigs.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I feel that the sudden popularity has caught them out and they're not really able to deal with all the requests. I've not had any communication in over a month, at least I know there's a front triangle and it's underway.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well, this has changed slightly since the hardtail.

I've emailed them about a dually, and had no response for a week after sending in the measurements.

I emailed again after that, thinking that they might have missed it or something and got a reply (from another person I hadn't had any communication with before) saying that they received my first email and he would get back to me with the drawings, just that they're busy. That was 6 days ago now....
Yeah, my last e-mail was still trying to get them to correct the geo as per the diagram I sent them. I also asked about the possibility of adding a mount plate to the swingarm for a chain idler. I explained I would be supplying the idler gear, just needed a plate to mount it to.

After two weeks I got a response saying they can machine an idler cog for me if I could just send them a CAD file. And that was it, no geo corrections, no corrected shock size, no diagrams, etc...

Over and out for me. I don't doubt they're busy, but advise the estimated lead times on your website, and don't take on new work until you're ready for it IMO.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
.... I don't doubt they're busy, but advise the estimated lead times on your website, and don't take on new work until you're ready for it IMO.
Exactly my thoughts. I think the language barrier complicates things at times as well.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Exactly my thoughts. I think the language barrier complicates things at times as well.
They're going to ride the Sick bikes collapse wave ... and end up with the same bad reputation. At least no communication prior to ordering/paying is better than empty promises?!!?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're going to ride the Sick bikes collapse wave ... and end up with the same bad reputation. At least no communication prior to ordering/paying is better than empty promises?!!?
That's what i'm thinking, but definitely not hoping. Would be sad to see.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I had noticed that yesterday.. seem to be pushing for more of a commercial presence whilst their existing custom customers are suffering. I'm still waiting for a response to that email I sent a couple weeks ago - that was sent re already waiting a month without any updates.

wkkie

Looking good @Isaakk. What's the turn around time been like?

Another 4 weeks passed by and no reply to my last email still....

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking good @Isaakk. What's the turn around time been like?

Another 4 weeks passed by and no reply to my last email still....
Going by emails,
  • Aug 14th - First put the order in & had some communication back & forth changing things over the next couple days (they didn't have short tapered headtubes in stock, BB drop lower, fork ATC changed, water bottle bosses, etc)
  • Sept 11th - Final order & deposit paid. More communication on Sept 16th as the wheel was hitting seat-stay, so changed STA and pivot location slightly.
  • Oct 4th - Front triangle pics sent through, then a gap until..
  • Nov 26th - Reply to emails I had sent & pic of a mostly assembled frame, just missing gussets and paint.
  • Dec 12th - Frame painted and ready to post.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey wkkie/drizel, any chance you guys know how long approx the postage took from Peru for your frames? Trying to judge whether it'll likely arrive when work is closed.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey wkkie/drizel, any chance you guys know how long approx the postage took from Peru for your frames? Trying to judge whether it'll likely arrive when work is closed.
The first one came through ems to Australia and was within 2 weeks from dispatch.

The replacement went to Europe and got stuck in Czech customs so took about 5 weeks. This was just the standard post.

I didn't pay any tax or import duties on the frame which was delivered to Australia.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wkkie

From memory, mine was around the 2 ish week mark...

On an unrelated note, I'm now officially sick of waiting for a reply to multiple emails over the last 8 odd weeks and have looked at another option...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet, cheers guys. Looking like about 2 weeks then, putting it as arriving right when the office is shut. Ah well, will see what happens.

On an unrelated note, I'm now officially sick of waiting for a reply to multiple emails over the last 8 odd weeks and have looked at another option...
Fair call too. I'm glad I got the order in when I did, I had already considered other options since ordering in Aug - had it not been in production already, I would have looked elsewhere. 4 months is not a short wait.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
From memory, mine was around the 2 ish week mark...

Who is it? Or PM me the details. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and a BTR Belter frame is asking a bit much, so something loosely based on this would be sweet.

wkkie

Who is it? Or PM me the details. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and a BTR Belter frame is asking a bit much, so something loosely based on this would be sweet.
I've been messaging, and now put a deposit down on a frame from these guys, http://www.waltlytitanium.com.

Communication within the hour, and very helpful so far.

The only down side is that the price is higher, but still good for a fully custom frame. There looks to be more options on other things like tubing, cable clamps, and the designs themselves are more specific and detailed.

I'm just waiting on the completed first draft of the drawings at the moment. Should be interesting to see what they come up with given its not a hardtail and I've only seen one other dual suspension frame in their examples that's not a flex tail.

I'm pretty sure others on here have used them in the past for hardtails and @beeb is currently going through the process with his new hardtail frame.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I've been messaging, and now put a deposit down on a frame from these guys, http://www.waltlytitanium.com.

Communication within the hour, and very helpful so far.

The only down side is that the price is higher, but still good for a fully custom frame. There looks to be more options on other things like tubing, cable clamps, and the designs themselves are more specific and detailed.

I'm just waiting on the completed first draft of the drawings at the moment. Should be interesting to see what they come up with given its not a hardtail and I've only seen one other dual suspension frame in their examples that's not a flex tail.

I'm pretty sure others on here have used them in the past for hardtails and @beeb is currently going through the process with his new hardtail frame.
Haha, I thought it would be these guys! I've been reading about them on one of the hardtail Facebook pages.