Maxxis DTH tyres

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well i have just had flat number 6 $#@*$. I so luv these tyres, but fixing flats is starting to get old.
Tubeless? It may solve your problem. It may just be annoying. I had tubeless for one street ride...glass cut and I was covered in Stan's jizz. I wasn't even in the park!

Peter650

Likes Dirt
Poodle the last one was glass. I could feel the air hitting my face as it deflected along with my good mood LOL

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Thanks Knuckles for guinea pigging!

I also couldn't bead the tyres without removing the valve core.
So I've been running them tubeless for a couple of weeks. The rear sealed up right away with 2 cups of stans but the front was a little more stubborn and needed a third after losing air overnight a few times.

Seems to be holding air no worries now.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So I've been running them tubeless for a couple of weeks. The rear sealed up right away with 2 cups of stans but the front was a little more stubborn and needed a third after losing air overnight a few times.

Seems to be holding air no worries now.
Yeah, my rear was giving me the shirts too, kept losing air, faster with every reinflate. Was coming out the valve hole. Got sick of it, so stripped it. Turns out I'd nicked the tape when installing it, and my lazy single layup let the air in the spoke holes. Retyped, double up, with an extra layer over the valve hole, extending 3 spoke holes either side. Hasn't lost a bit since, about a week and a half.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt