NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

JBR

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone - just a reminder its our build day tomorrow. Meet at little forest road @0745. Gates close at 0800 so call if you will be late. Please bring any tools you have- but dont worry if you dont have any as council will supply plenty.Just a reminder little forest road is the entry to the dump, keep following the road around to the right rather than the dump entry itself.

See you there!
Justin

donny70

Likes Dirt
Sorry I'm out. I've just attempted to chop my finger off in the rotor of my bike this evening. Very unimpressed as I was hanging to get involved and see what's been done :(

Off to get it seen to tomorrow, black and swollen doesn't look promising...

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
hope it's not to bad donny.......
maybe a new post in the confessions from the f wits, yes/no,
for everyone else, see you there

JBR

Likes Dirt
A couple of us will be hanging around for a ride tomorrow, feel free to do so as well. Mark wants to do some sick edits, so be prepared to be famous.

Rebilda

Squid
Sorry I'm out. I've just attempted to chop my finger off in the rotor of my bike this evening...
Mmmm.......

When I started my trade there was a lot of tradesmen throughout the industry with finger tips missing. As an apprentice I was always told "Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your D#@%"

I've never forgotten it and I still have all 10 digits.

JBR

Likes Dirt
Mmmm.......

When I started my trade there was a lot of tradesmen throughout the industry with finger tips missing. As an apprentice I was always told "Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your D#@%"

I've never forgotten it and I still have all 10 digits.
And your old fella too??

Jeff C

Squid
Quick question to anyone, been a long time between any news regarding

a) access to ANSTO's trails / land

b) the tie in / linking to / completion of the BMX & Off Road Bike Park at The Ridge Sports Complex.

Anyone with any knowledge of a time line or the process steps still left for completion for either?

willsy01

Eats Squid
Quick question to anyone, been a long time between any news regarding

a) access to ANSTO's trails / land

b) the tie in / linking to / completion of the BMX & Off Road Bike Park at The Ridge Sports Complex.

Anyone with any knowledge of a time line or the process steps still left for completion for either?
Based on my fairly limited knowledge:

a) Council and ANSTO are still talking. There's a lot of legal stuff, red tape etc.

b) Entirely dependant on a) being completed. We've not done any work over that side.....nor will we until we're officially allowed.

Al, Justin or Mark will be better equipped with info however.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
went for a ride this morning and noticed a nice little rockery & pyramid (very homes & gardens) on the fire trail leading up to the heathcote rd side
I assume it's one of us, and not some sort of druid ritual, but nice work either way :thumb:
I've also tried to talk to as many pepole as i can, about what they think about the trail , it's all positive, the only thing most say is for a easier line
at the bottom of methane alley that leeds to the creek trail and(my personal fav)
a return trail, also a few jumps/table tops that sort of thing, I usually tell them that type of
feature maybe included in the next part of the build, when we get the Ansto land.
JB, I assume we've used all the council land and now it's just a case of maintain what we have already built?

Last edited:

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Hey Justin, or Al..

Mate of mine nearly had a head on with a moto out there yesterday on the bike trail. Both went off into bushes either side of trail apparently. Dont know if anything can realy be done about it and im sure its not the first or last time it will happen, but should we inform Kev or council in some way? As its going to be on their land when someone gets hospitalised or worse from an incident like this. Not to mention that its going to scare riders away from using the trail..

Thoughts??

shore_2

Likes Dirt
Hey Justin, or Al..

Mate of mine nearly had a head on with a moto out there yesterday on the bike making. Both went off into bushes either side of trail apparently. Dont know if anything can realy be done about it and im sure its not the first or last time it will happen, but should we inform Kev or council in some way? As its going to be on their land when someone gets hospitalised or worse from an incident like this. Not to mention that its going to scare riders away from using the trail..

Thoughts??
Was he on an orange bike (ktm)? He charged in there like he owned the place. Very annoying as they pull rocks out of the ground.