Mondraker buying experience

T.3

Likes Dirt
Another thing to possibly consider is while the reach and top tube lengths are obviously long the stack and seat tube measurements are fairly normal. Point being if you do go the smaller size your bar height might end up lower than your used to, which i guess you can correct with spacers and riser bars but more importantly make sure you would be able to get your proper seat post extension.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's done

It's done. I bought the Prime R+ should be on it within 3 weeks. Mondraker Australia did a killer job taking care of all my questions. anything i offered up they had an answer or a suggestion for. Never felt any you better buy this pressure.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Review

Been on the prime for 3 months now. Pretty good so far. Wheels are a bit heavy and rims are a bit soft. Put some xt brakes on it. Everything is pretty solid otherwise. Very comfortable to ride. Handles nicely. It's no xc bike. Won't jump out from under you when you push hard but it rolls real nice Plus size is a great idea but I'm thinking it is under done without some kind of pinch flat protection. You just can't push it as hard as you'd like without thinking you'll be pushing home with every rock strike. Debating putting 29 wheels on it or getting some huck Norris to out in.

alrsv1

Likes Bikes
Got my Foxy XR in 2015 from Anton at Flow and couldn't have been happier with the service.
Despite having a good test ride the bike still exceeded my expectations after a few rides and a chance to get used to it.

The spec is certainly a bit lower than similar bikes for the money but then that is the price you pay for going for something a little different (at least it was
at the time, other manufacturers have followed suit with the longer top tube/shorter stem geometry), up to you if you feel its worth it.

I've since spent quite a bit upgrading parts but that's half the fun of owning nice toys.

cheers....

Al.