More Mods Needed On Farkin?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Will go into further detail/explination later but basically:

The current mods do a great job, and deserve a pat on the back, but recently there has been so much more shit being posted than I can ever remember. Perhaps so much crap that there are not enough mods to stamp it all out. Remember when shit gets posted and lasts, it encourages other dickheads to do the same.

So what do you think? More mods needed? And what happened to putting the mods names in Italics, I don't even really know whos a mod and whos a senior member with a custom title.

downhillerBen

Likes Dirt
yer, i'm not so sure what the admins (mainly scott) will think about more mods, but i agree with the posting shit statement... people could be shy to post crap but if they see others posting it then they'll feel better about asking stupid questions etc..

But i think maybe 1 new mod possibly because their has been alot of recent spam, stupid questions, and overall crap that is in the wrong forum etc..
And the mods are supermen, the quantity of this crap is crazy so i don't blame them for not getting on to something straight away.. :)

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Well if i get mod powers the world will be a cleaner place.

Really though beside 12 year old kids which post crap i dont think its to bad on here

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
The Mods and Admin's user names are displayed in Bold font..

I think it is important that we as members take advantage of the "report post" function if concerned about a thread/topic or member as this will alert the current mods to troublesome threads/posts and their creators.

Also if there is a stupid or silly thread made or a topic starts getting out of hand, we as members need to not add fuel to the fire by contributing more to the thread which if left alone would simply fade into the background before it got way too out of hand.

On the issue of more mods, can we nominate ourselves for the role because I wouldn't mind having a crack at the role *shameless plug*

My $0.02 :cool:

Last edited:
J

JaRedy

I think it is important that we as members take advantage of the "report post" function if concerned about a thread/topic or member as this will alert the current mods to troublesome threads/posts and their creators.

Also if there is a stupid or silly thread made or a topic starts getting out of hand, we as members need to not add fuel to the fire by contributing more to the thread which if left alone would simply fade into the background before it got way too out of hand.

On the issue of more mods, can we nominate ourselves for the role because I wouldn't mind having a crack at the role *shameless plug*

My $0.02 :cool:
Still active from 2003, I think your legit;)

Just a curious question. When I report something, how do the mods revive the message? Does each mod online get a pop-up or something?
Becasue once I reported spam as soon as it was posted and it took about 35 mins to be deleted... pretty inefficent(sp)

EDIT: Should have thought before posting. It's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxRidersCo

When a mod or admin comes online I presume they have a notification system for newly reported posts so it's just a matter of one of the mods acting upon it.

Plow King

Little bit.

Just a curious question. When I report something, how do the mods revive the message? Does each mod online get a pop-up or something?
Becasue once I reported spam as soon as it was posted and it took about 35 mins to be deleted... pretty inefficent(sp)
inefficent? I don't think so, there are like 10/15mods which I know about. (I'm sure there are quite afew more) Theyprobably get 10's maybe even hundreds of reported posts a day which they have to troll through. plus the trading access, banning users, answering questions, responding to emails and pm's. So 35minutes is barely long to wait, I'm sure if it doesn't get done in afew minutes large birds won't fly out of your ceiling and attack your vital organs. Just be patient.

J

JaRedy

inefficent? I don't think so, there are like 10/15mods which I know about. (I'm sure there are quite afew more) Theyprobably get 10's maybe even hundreds of reported posts a day which they have to troll through. plus the trading access, banning users, answering questions, responding to emails and pm's. So 35minutes is barely long to wait, I'm sure if it doesn't get done in afew minutes large birds won't fly out of your ceiling and attack your vital organs. Just be patient.
Fair enough, I forgot about all the other variables.

I think lucky13's idea here is the way to go to reduce the users posting spam and 1 line threads.

Lastly, and completly off topic: How do I put that link^ into a hyperlink'd word such as "here"?
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.

ex offender

There is a forum only visible to us that tells us as soon as someone reports a post. However, there aren't always mods online, and we can't be checking it every 10 seconds even when we are. None of us are paid to do what we do, and some people, particularly Scott, are absolutely flat out when they're on here.

People have life's outside farkin as well, you can't expect them to be here 24/7
Hey, speak for yourself! :p

FoxRidersCo

Lastly, and completly off topic: How do I put that link^ into a hyperlink'd word such as "here"?
Cheers.
Write your text...

Select and Highlight it..

Click Me --->

Insert your link in the box that pops up...

Click Ok...

And you're done :)

LIAM?!

Banned
Negatory, admin's name's are in Bold not Mods.

EDIT: I wasnt trying to be a smart ass by the way, just my 2c. The mods have more sly jobs, they disguise themselves as simpletons and then when attacked by noobies, well...

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
There is a forum only visible to us that tells us as soon as someone reports a post. However, there aren't always mods online, and we can't be checking it every 10 seconds even when we are. None of us are paid to do what we do, and some people, particularly Scott, are absolutely flat out when they're on here.
This is why I suggested that there should be more, to relieve the burden, seeing as I reckon your job is getting harder and harder with the forum being very busy recently.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
There is a forum only visible to us that tells us as soon as someone reports a post.
I bet there is a secret handshake/crotchgrab when you guys meet in the street too;)

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
I bet there is a secret handshake/crotchgrab when you guys meet in the street too;)
Pfft. We don't meet in the street. We have a little club we all go to where neckid wimin poor us unlimited booze and light our stogies for us.

Plow King

Little bit.
Bit of a dig.

But if you need new mods may I recommend tu plang. I havn't got along with him in the past but he knows his shit, has been here for a while and is a good member.