most embarrassing public bike moment

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey socket u might remember this lol. i was going riding in the city with some friends on the train. well i was sitting on my bike when we came to flinders station and the train jerked and fell side ways right on top as socket (and getting tangled in his bike)

CHEWY

Eats Squid
not to do wit pushys but on a bike. on my old YZ80 i was riding back from a mates holding a 5 litre jerry can with my right hand. my ex-girlfriend, or was it girlfriend to be i cant remember, was standing in the middle of the road, anyway i was probably doin about 60 coming up to a corner in the road and the jerry can get stuck between my knee and the handle bars, so my foots stuck to the peg, cant brake try and take the corner going waaay to fast and ending up eating absolute crap and getting the worst gravel rash ive ever seen, right in front of my gf and her friend. jerry can got crushed like a coke can and i had to push my bike a k home. still makes me cringe when i think about it :oops:

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
its not really an embarassing moment, but it'll be with me for the rest of my life. about 8 years ago i was riding along casually (this is before i had really started riding) and we were riding on a footpath, and the guy next to me thought it would be funny to steer into me, so to avoid him i just steer of to the side, suddenly he turns sharply into me and i respond by turning away quickly, RIGHT INTO A WOODEN POLE. this is where the pain starts, i had a bike bell on the goose neck/handle bar stem and my bike stopped, and me, following the laws of momentum carried straight on into the bell. i managed to completly crush a working bicycle bell with my testicles, so it did not work at all afterwards...to this day i have a two scars 'down there'.

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
hahaha, yeh, but how many scars do you can 'grow' when you get really excited...hahaha, thats quite gross actually. Its kinda awkard to explain it though.

peep

Likes Bikes
lucky chicks dig scars hey? :D
Mines less hurty, more funny. I was late for uni one day so nutting down the footpath of a street concentrating on crossing over when *splooooch* i ride several meters into a foot of fresh laid cement. The minute i stop, about 5 workmen appear from nowhere and say really useful things like 'gee-we-should-have-marked-that' and 'boy-thats-gonna-take-some-cleaning'.

Needless to say i didn't make it to uni on time...it was back up the hill to wash the poor bike off.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Mine, quite innocent really. After consuming just enough alcohol to completely root my timing, the boys asked if I could bunnyhop a sulo bin. No worries I said, first time sweet, second time, knicked the bin with the back wheel (should've thought to stop that time) third time, one more for the ladies....BANG!!! back wheel could not have hit any harder, face first into the grass, like literally face first, didn't get my hand off the bars.
One of my mates picks me up, takes off my now busted helmet, and goes "Mate I hope you're alrite coz there's no phone, and we're all to pissed to drive!" Light concussion was about the extent of it, didn't find out till later that i had a muscle pinched in my rotator cuff. I did get a very nice massage for my trouble though :) .

AirDog

Likes Dirt
josh said:
This morning I also crashed pretty damn stupidly in front of one of the fellow toowoomba guys/farkin member nathan. There is all the stairs lined up in a row, 5 stairs to each set, probably 12 sets all together spaced 10 meters apart. You can hit this thing flat out and gap each set of stairs easy. Only problem being I didnt realise what was at the end. Two big ass poles side by side (not even handlebar length apart) to stop cars getting into this area. It was far to late when i saw them, hoped for a miracle, hit the poles, crushed my fingers bad and supermanned way over the handelbars! That sucked hard :/ Was pretty damn humiliating! lol
hehe i done the same thing hey ... damm ppl "hit it fast you'll be right"

zac

Likes Dirt
going into a driveway at too shallow an angle, catching rear tire on lip, going otb, gouging elbow and was asked are you ok miss (before i cut my ponytail off. NOT HAPPY.

felix

Cannon Fodder
on my brand new bike in canada figured i would learn to use the north american style of brakes (majority rules rite?) was goin down a series of flight of stairs and to slow down to get around the corner hit what i thought was my back brake, wrong front brake! flew right over into the rail and hit the concrete screwed up the muscles in my right shoulder and provided lots of laughter for my friends, my brakes are now 'skippy' style

S.

ex offender
felix said:
on my brand new bike in canada figured i would learn to use the north american style of brakes (majority rules rite?) was goin down a series of flight of stairs and to slow down to get around the corner hit what i thought was my back brake, wrong front brake! flew right over into the rail and hit the concrete screwed up the muscles in my right shoulder and provided lots of laughter for my friends, my brakes are now 'skippy' style
Gutty did a similar thing and broke his wrist farkin badly.

G

felix said:
my brakes are like that.... the so called skippy style

grovesy

Likes Dirt
Ok I'd just got my first squishy, ridin down a stretch of footpath that connects my house to the local national park (just cruisin home after a bit of freeridin in da bush).When I spy an unmarked police car comin my way real slow like.So like any unhelmetted,dog tired and slightly stoned mtber would,I made a bolt for my driveway.Only to discover my normally unlatched 4 foot cyclone double gates well and truly locked.Otb's over the gates and on my back starin up at two smilin(obviously amused) members of the finest police force in Australia.What followed was a classic good cop bad cop lecture regarding the helmet laws in W.A.

I now wear a lid.

stinky5.

bazza

look at me
woho

worst would have to be my little endo after just clearing an 8 step gap sure everyone was looking then of course. go to put the front brakes on and roll along a bit. only problem was it was on an upwards slope. DO NOT DO ENDOS ON UPWARDS SLOPES!! over the handlebars and chest planted
that hurts i can tell you that much. lots. had a nice sit on the side while i got my breath back. had a purple chest as well. not good.

Keith

Squid
Riding a roady on a bike path slip streaming behind my brother and not really paying attention when he suddenly vers off to the right. I look up can't see anything then I am suddenly looking at the concrete. I hit one of those post that sit about 1m high and 5" diameter. Luckily for me I hit it square in the middle and went straight over the top because otherwise I would have hit it with my knee which would have smashed it. The fellows off in the park and my brother thought it was hilarious and after my brother stopped rolling around on the ground from laughing he helped me pull the forks back out to where they should be as the tyre was rubbing on the frame.

wombat

Lives in a hole
One bad one I had was on my old bike on the trail with a couple of mates, not really public I know. Anyway, we were riding Strom's old dh track (now reallllly nasty) and we were about half way down and on this steep section when I hear this snap and bang! I've got no front brakes, uh oh....
So I'm tearing down this track, across the hillside and I come to a corner, I could either turn up (right) into some bushes and stop, or turn downhill and continue along the track. The thought process went something like this:
Brain: "right, turn uphill and stop."
Body: "ok!"
I then proceeded to turn downhill. I then careered of a 4 foot drop (not part of the track) and headfirst into a tree, smashing my backwheel on a boulder in the process.
In fact, the back wheel was so bent that to allow it to just rotate at all we layed the bike on it's side and my mate stood on the frame while i jumped on the wheel, not pretty, but i got home (with no brakes mind you).