MotoGP 2019

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, if Marquez'd bumped him you tolerate him having a sook - but no-one twisted that throttle but himself. Quite enjoyed the race - but I wish they'd shorten the races by a couple of laps so they could start racing (instead of just circulating) a little earlier.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Bring on 2019......

With both on the same bike, can't wait to see Jorge's butt hurt when Marc opens the can.

beeb

Competive bikes:
Dovi and Petrucci on the factory bikes, Miller (on a 2019 factory spec bike too) and Bagnaia (unknown spec) with Pramac.

Then Simeon and Abraham for Reale Avintia and whoever Aspar end up hiring...

beeb

Lorenzo's going to Repsol Honda, that's probably who you're thinking of. Not heard anything about Dovi leaving...

beeb

Typed in "MOTOGP 2018 CALENDAR" to see how many rounds remain - This is Google's response, lol:
MotoGP.JPG

With 5 rounds to run and him being just 3 points shy of 3 rounds lead in the Championship he'd have to be very unlucky to not win it from here. I know a lot of folk don't like him, but I love watching him ride. It's pretty much win or bin every round, and always being on the ragged edge keeps him sharp for the battles. Dovi's a very consistent rider, but if he was on the Honda he'd be circulating down with Pedrosa IMO...

I hope Yamaha can pull something out of the bag for next year, would be nice to see them back up mixing it for the podium again.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yeah, he's on a different level.

Crashing in practice is almost nothing to him, as he nearly always low-sides because he is so far over, and the crash just involves completely leaning on the ground.

Now if he was to actually high-side, that's gonna really hurt.

beeb

Reminds me a lot of Simon Evans in the Australian Rally Championship. Would go out and blitz the field until the last stage, then the team would nag him to be cautious and more often than not he'd crash because he'd lose concentration. After a season or two of that approach he just started going 10/10ths on every stage and cleaned up a championship or two with ease. He just needed to be going flat out to feel 'in the zone'. I see a lot of similarities in Marquez, he always looks most in danger of crashing when he's trying to ease it back a bit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Marc really does test the limits and is crazy to watch. I think Dovi was screwed by Honda last time and is a very good rider. In my mind he deserves a championship but it will be hard against Marc and co.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd like to like MM, he acts normal, looks half normal-ish, but then rides like a c*nt around other riders. Yes Lorenzo whinged as he was always going to, but MM did divebomb him with that dick blockpass move from the get-go to force him to stop or run him wide off the track. MM even left track limits, from memory MM was pulling back onto the track just before Lorenzos face hit the deck - edit see pic. Anybody else and the press would have gone after them for a racing incident. But miracle boy gets a free pass. Just be less...of a c*nt.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even if you dislike MM, you have to admire his tenacity. He can win without doing shit moves like he did to Lorenzo. He didn't need to fight that hard for the win yesterday, he could have taken a safer second place. But he rarely loses out when the contest for a position gets a bit wild in the last few laps or corners, and the lines are all messed up. That's when his ability to ride right to the edge of the tyres grip and often a bit beyond comes in. He's often found the limit in practice, or pulled off an amazing save. I'm hoping for Dovi to win the WC but admit he's going to need a lot of luck to claw back MM's points lead from here.