MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Disappointing to see Miller not on par with his team mate. The race overall wasn't very exciting, Moto3 was heaps better

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite an eventful race in the senior class ! but Moto 3 was far better to watch. The aerodynamic stuff has increased performance but diminished the quality of the racing, losing the close quarter battles we saw in 2020 and 2021. It's becoming like F1 :confused:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The aerodynamic stuff has increased performance but diminished the quality of the racing, losing the close quarter battles we saw in 2020 and 2021. It's becoming like F1 :confused:
I actually thought this was a pretty good race given recent rounds, but overall I strongly agree. I'm thinking this'll be my last season following it as close lap times don't make for close racing sadly. At least there was some passing this round, but still not like it would've been chopping and changing mid-pack in the past. I really want to see the aero outlawed (and heavy restrictions put on traction control) to put the emphasis back on the rider's skill.

Moto3 and even Moto2 were really good though, and I don't normally enjoy Moto2.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I thought it was a good race. Eventful as always for the track.
Bagnaia’s crash was sickening. He is so lucky to get away with that one.
There will be changes coming with ride hight devices in 2025. Tyre pressure monitoring is now here. Steps in the right direction to tighten the gap but sadly not enough. Aero needs major limitations.
Would love it to go back to the good old days with simple tech and emphasis on rider. Not going to happen. Take a look at a new sports bike these days. Electronics are here to stay.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just another Ducati on the podium. That is a dream team right there
Lucky Binder signed a multi-year deal for KTM or Ducati could've had all the cream riders in 2024. o_O

Speaking of KTM/GasGas - I'm genuinely surprised and a bit sad Pol Espargaro didn't get bumped back to test/reserve rider instead of Augusto Fernandez. AF has been slowly working toward some really consistent decent form this year. Though I expect Acosta will replace Miller at the factory KTM team in 2025 and hopefully Fernandez gets another crack at GasGas. Being a test rider for a year might not be a bad way to experiment with a bunch of different setups and stuff anyway I guess.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well about that...
Yeah....I wonder how willingly Pol accepted that, maybe not so bad given his injuries this year and being in the later part of his career he could perhaps take advantage of it as an extended recovery period without the pressure of a full championship season.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Anyone going tomorrow? New schedule is main race tomorrow with sprint race on Sunday so might see some racing. Sundays not looking good
Couldn’t go yesterday, had family commitments, and had planned to catch the ferry over with our pushies today, but a rearranged schedule and crap weather… na.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I braved it today as well but terrible conditions. The right calls were definitely made yesterday to change the schedule. We were Siberia stand again and only braved moto 3 this morning, watched moto 2 from the fence at lukey to try get out of the wind a little. Typical Phillip island weather. Still be back next year though