Mountaincycle Battery - Now Built

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
*****Finished pics in post 10

Its not quiet finished yet as I am having a few headset issues. But I thought I would post a few shots of my new bike.

batteryb.JPG

batteryF.JPG

As usual, building with bits in the shed causes a few issues and I am stuck while I sort out a new headset. I was planning on using a Cane Creek XXII which was all fine except the fork has a 1 1/8th steerer. The bottom cup of the headset is fine as I have the reducer crown race, but the upper sup is 1.5". Need to either get a new upper cup, or a complete new headset.

Also getting some MRP Camber Cranks as they give a better chainline on this frame going by all the reviews online.

Anyway, the spec.

Frame - Mountaincycle Battery
Rear shock - Marzocchi Rocco R
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 55 TST2
Handlebars - FSA KLite
Stem - Either Sunline or Easton Vice
Headset -
Grips - Ritchey Foam
Saddle - FUNN
Seatpost - Bontrager Carbon
Front brake - Hope M4
Rear brake - Hope Mini
Cranks - Truvativ Holzfeller (soon to be MRP camber to resolve clearance issues)
Chainguide - e13 (soon to be MRP mini G2)
Rear derailleur - X0
Rear shifter - X0
Cassette - PG990
Hubs - Hope Pro II
Rim - Syncros
Tyres - Kenda Nevigal 2.35

Last edited:

sammydog

I've heard nothing but good comments about them, so for the price Mountaincycle are selling them for it was worth a look.

Have to say, in the flesh the bike is stunning.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
sweet

Wow now thats a mad new proflex lookalike.......;)

Been looking at that frame for a while...thats smicko.
Always loved the MCycles-wish i had kept mine. Always a reason to buy another now this new range is coming out....

jmpalmer

Likes Dirt
looking good. def go with the mrp cranks, it saved me all sorts of headaches, and they're nice and light too...

sammydog

Ordering some MRP's this week. I got my truvativ Holzfeller to work, but the chainline could be better and it leaves my DH bike unrideable.

sammydog

After what felt like an eternity, the Battery is finally built. Here is a few finished pics. Now I just need a chance to ride it.

P1090736.JPG
P1090740.JPG
P1090737.JPG
P1090738.JPG

aidz44

Likes Dirt
mountain cycle, quite the enigma to me.

but this just looks so clean, the black frame contrasts so well with the white components.

sammydog

A few shots from the trail.

One of the awesome lookout/rest spots at Glenrock.
P1090755.jpg

Mid climb break.
P1090758.jpg

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Rad. I'd just ditch that kooky long stem. You could get a set back post if you need the room.

sammydog

I've been toying with the idea of a layback post and shorter stem (got an Easton Vice lying around), just a tad worried that on every climb I will be popping wheelies all the way up if I shift the weight back too far.

The bike is short though, so I wouldn't run the shorter stem without the layback post.

I don't disagree the current stem looks a bit out of place, but as far as riding goes, it works.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey champ. Bike looks awesome. Good to see you out and about, hopefully i'll see you at Glenrock sometime soon.

needaride

Likes Dirt
nice bike mate, do you find its pretty heavy in the rear end though? My mate had one and it felt a bit heavy in the back end in the air.. nice build you've got there though!

donny70

Likes Dirt
Hey, just saw this thread...

I'm getting one of these frames and was wondering what headset it takes.
Also, whats the final weight on it??

aanon

Likes Dirt
Sweet build mate, should be good for all sorts of dirt fun.
Always liked the mt cycles, is the company still owned/run by Rob Reisinger? Switched on guy, think he used to be a test rider for Kawasaki in the 80s.