Mt.Macedon DH Petition- Please sign

maxybon1234

Likes Dirt
Signed, I yesterday!! i was no. 11 or something. Nah, this track'd be sweet and I'd definately help with the construction of it. Also, this got me thinking, we should maybe do the same thing (petition) after Mt. Macedon to try and get a legal track out behnd Lorne, there's some big hills with huge potential out here, just a thought.

Cheers, Max

Staunch

Eats Squid
When school's back everyone should make lots of little cards with the web address of the petition and give them to everyone you know who rides.....or even do that now.....unless your going to start a real-life petition

Howie66

Likes Dirt
When school's back everyone should make lots of little cards with the web address of the petition and give them to everyone you know who rides.....or even do that now.....unless your going to start a real-life petition
Yeah benridesabike and the boys are handling the real life ones. Theres already some at a few bike shops around gissy, woodend etc..

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Hey..

This thread has had about 700 visits, and only 113 sigs.. C'Mon those who havent signed! It takes 15 seconds!

Last edited:

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
just created a facebook group on it "sign the mt macedon dh petition"
hope you dont mind, just invited bout 78 people to join it, hopefully they sign it and pass the word around and we get some new tracks close to melbourne

just checked and the facebook group has 57 members now, keep it coming...

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good work guys.
we are getting plenty of sigs and fast.
make sure you tell all of your mates to sign it to.
we want permission these holidays guys so keep it up.:)

Howie66

Likes Dirt
good work guys.
we are getting plenty of sigs and fast.
make sure you tell all of your mates to sign it to.
we want permission these holidays guys so keep it up.:)

Hows the handwritten ones coming along jack?

Just got a msg from a dude from the states..

"Sorry but online petitions rarely will have any impact on your situation. It would be best to get petitons setup at local bike shops in the area as those signatures will be taken more seriously than ones gathered from online since there are programs to generate names . Plus it will show the local support of the idea which is most important to any local agency."

Party pooper I know, but hes right about the ones at bike shops.

Howie.

indica

Serial flasher
And, being xmas, some of the people who can do stuff behind the scenes need a bit of time ...

Maybe in January we can have a ride day at Maldon for you all?

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Yer this year is a bit to much,
We should rush this because we dont wont to stuff it up,
Smart man..

As i said to Ben, if you want a track to ride until we get this going, speak to the boys at woodend cycles and wombat state forest, to get a little dh track of some sort going near their xc track.. It would be something to ride, until "Mini-Whistler" gets underway. :)

Even if its only a 1.30 track to keep you entertained.. Ballarat is a 50 second track and that goes off..

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer what howie was saying is what i was gonna say just now.
anyway for all you peeps that dont no what mt.macedon is and its potential heres a few pics from my phone just outside my court (oh its the big mountain down the back of the pic):

and this pic is for howie about the wombat state forest(its all the bush you can see at the far back of the pick):

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forgot these pics aswell, just showing the more of MT.Macedon and how long it is(oh and my dog outside my bedroom window haha: