Mt.Macedon DH Petition- Please sign

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
Hows the handwritten ones coming along jack?

Just got a msg from a dude from the states..

"Sorry but online petitions rarely will have any impact on your situation. It would be best to get petitons setup at local bike shops in the area as those signatures will be taken more seriously than ones gathered from online since there are programs to generate names . Plus it will show the local support of the idea which is most important to any local agency."

Party pooper I know, but hes right about the ones at bike shops.

Howie.
does anyone remember the petition going around for anglesea 4x? its was in the local bike shops and the guys from Trailhead bike shop who organized it went to local races with it to. they pritty much stood on the start line and got everyone racing to sign it while they waited to go. and who has a 4x track now?
buller nationals are coming up as well as the rest of the vic series, im sure someone has a pen and a clip board they could take with them

Staunch

Eats Squid
does anyone remember the petition going around for anglesea 4x? its was in the local bike shops and the guys from Trailhead bike shop who organized it went to local races with it to. they pritty much stood on the start line and got everyone racing to sign it while they waited to go. and who has a 4x track now?
buller nationals are coming up as well as the rest of the vic series, im sure someone has a pen and a clip board they could take with them
Good idea, get a whole bunch of people out at races to get sigs, that'd get you so many more then just having it at a bike shop.

Tizz--

Likes Dirt
I probs wont be able to race baw baw with this wrist broken,
I can probably do that.
Cheers for the suggestion

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good idea, get a whole bunch of people out at races to get sigs, that'd get you so many more then just having it at a bike shop.
Well i wont be able to make it to the Nats round at buller, but i will be at the bawbaw race so me and jack could take one along?
Oh and Howie, you rekon you could take one to your work possibly, or would it be to hard to get sigs?

Tizz--

Likes Dirt
Well i wont be able to make it to the Nats round at buller, but i will be at the bawbaw race so me and jack could take one along?
Oh and Howie, you rekon you could take one to your work possibly, or would it be to hard to get sigs?
I will have it covered probably, i am going to watch at baw baw

Howie66

Likes Dirt
yeah ben, no worries.. when i go back to work.. snapped my collar bone in 4 places today, just got back from hospital then..

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Awful petition. If you're going to get 5,000 people to sign it something do a bit more work.

Why would Parks Vic give a shit if we're the number 1 in the world in frog yodelling? What does Australia being #1 in the world in anything mean to Parks?

Mate,

Firstly mate I wrote that petition and along with a few others im willing to help these young blokes out.. Should I call you number 147? Yeah nice signature.. Thanks for your contribution..

Secondly that front page on the petition isnt for parks.. its for the signees, and as ive said, it was short and sweet, i didnt want people who sign to have to read a 500 word essay..

And even if parks dont give a shit as you think they wont, fucking dont knock these kids for trying mate. They are doing a good job, they have petitions in bike shops etc, the online one is just a little something extra I made that we can show parks.. on top of the main ones the fellas have organised..

Its people like you that bag kids when they build illegal trails, then you turn around and bag them when they try and do it properly..

These blokes have a goal in mind, and are going the right way about it.. they arnt building illigal trails, so fucking good on them I say..

Last edited:

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer what Howie said, the online petition is a something a little extra we added, our main focus for signatures is the bike shop ones.

And where are trying very hard with what we are doing so the last thing we want is someone like you to come along and speak shit....

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Mate,

Firstly mate I wrote that petition and along with a few others im willing to help these young blokes out.. Should I call you number 147? Yeah nice signature.. Thanks for your contribution..

Secondly that front page on the petition isnt for parks.. its for the signees, and as ive said, it was short and sweet, i didnt want people who sign to have to read a 500 word essay..

And even if parks dont give a shit as you think they wont, fucking dont knock these kids for trying mate. They are doing a good job, they have petitions in bike shops etc, the online one is just a little something extra I made that we can show parks.. on top of the main ones the fellas have organised..

Its people like you that bag kids when they build illegal trails, then you turn around and bag them when they try and do it properly..

These blokes have a goal in mind, and are going the right way about it.. they arnt building illigal trails, so fucking good on them I say..
Howie, You must be new here, Infact I suspect you must have only discovered the internet because only a total NOOB would post something like that to a Mod. Fucking twat.

Pull your head in and look at what I've done in advocacy front, there is a reason I've got a custom signature.

I'm not sure of the legality of signing something without seeing it. Your saying your asking people for a signature for a submission they don't view?
Can you link to the submission that will be attached to the signature? I was going to sign it, but I practice that time honoured tradition of looking at what I'm signing.

indica

Serial flasher
only a total NOOB would post something like that to a Mod. Fucking twat.

Pull your head in and look at what I've done in advocacy front, there is a reason I've got a custom signature.

I'm not sure of the legality of signing something without seeing it.
Settle down tough guy ... just because you are a mod does not mean you can jump in and say "you're shit ... why bother."
Pull your head in and offer some help.
Howie and I are helping these kids ( 14 and 15 y.o.) realise that illegal trails should not be built.
The petition does not allude to a submission AT ALL.
It is asking for support. That is all.

If you don't like it, go away .... or help, don't get all narky ...

Surely you started somewhere??

Oh, have a good christmas too.
:)

scratchy

Farkin Activist
I'm not say your shit why bother.

People should bother, people should advocate and work towards getting more legal trails.

People should also try and do it properly as this process is dealing with adults. I've successfully done this process from start to end and so have several others in the trail building forum and we can help you from our experience.

The feedback I'm giving you is meant to help. I posted Aweful petition and gave you the reason why. Howie and yourself I believe are getting narky tough guys but I hope the rest of your effort is a level above the petition otherwise the local riders don't stand a chance.

People support this area. Chuck your name on it. (I will as soon as I figure out what I'm attaching my name to).

Oh and lets bring it back on topic, getting signatures. If not I'll close this thread and we can start it fresh again, and on topic.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
I signed.

Good luck guys. Its good to actually see you trying. Every legal trail must start somewhere, and this may aswell be the starting point for this (possible) Mt Macedon trail.

Last edited:

Howie66

Likes Dirt
I'm not say your shit why bother.

People should bother, people should advocate and work towards getting more legal trails.

People should also try and do it properly as this process is dealing with adults. I've successfully done this process from start to end and so have several others in the trail building forum and we can help you from our experience.

The feedback I'm giving you is meant to help. I posted Aweful petition and gave you the reason why. Howie and yourself I believe are getting narky tough guys but I hope the rest of your effort is a level above the petition otherwise the local riders don't stand a chance.

People support this area. Chuck your name on it. (I will as soon as I figure out what I'm attaching my name to).

Oh and lets bring it back on topic, getting signatures. If not I'll close this thread and we can start it fresh again, and on topic.
Hey mate,

OK, I knew that u were a mod, and we appreciate your feedback, but I dont want to get everyones hopes down, as its a long road ahead and we have to do wateva is possible. (if it means a list of random names then so-be-it)

Call the online one a "general interest" thing if u like, as indica said, its something with just names, for those who are interested.

We have the ones at bike shops within the local area, which are the real deal and people who have seen it will sign.

Whats this mountainbike show u have? Is there a way u could help with this..? Spreading the word is our aim. Which this thread and online petition has seem to have done so far.

If your after a look at the mountain we are dealing with, just google it, maybe even try youtube.. its a big hit with hikers and campers and that sort of thing (Have u seen picnic at hanging rock? Hanging rock is in the same mountain range..A stones throw away pretty much, If that helps)

Sorry if I came accross a little hasty, was a bit pissed off thats all :)

Thanks for your recent input, have a good xmas :)

Back to the signatures!!..

Last edited: