Mtnx State Champs This Sunday!!

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Other problem, MTNX racing is in front of everyone and puts your skills on display. If you suck everyone is going to know. So ...get better!!

HAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY BUT IN A NICER WAY.
MAYBE WE SHOULD CHANGE IT FROM FARKIN FORUMS TO PEAHEART BUT I HAVE A FULL FACTORY BEDROOM BIKE FORUMS.
And word to Gman learn some skills factory Daver .Hey G MAN 15 mtrs with a big ass roller in front to add an extra 6 next track

Well you guys never cease to impress me or any of my fellow riders.
I think we ve been through this before but like a child we have to go through it again and state how puerile your comments are towards some people.
You start by admiting that you like criticism about the whole thing and yet you still manage to bag pretty much everyone who hasn t come to your local tracks for whatever reason may be.

Don t get me wrong everyone apreciates the fact that you do a huge chunck for the scene and you might be fighting an uphill battle in terms of communication wether it s with mtb or bmx riders.
BUt you have to admit it, a sport trying to spread its wings is nothing with a good cohesive body to govern and organize it.
It seems like you have a lot on your hands and saddly i see a lot of people with a big influence in the industry throwing the towel and getting rid of their responsabilities for the discipline.
unorganized events plus a discipline trying to find its identity plus a governing body that doesn t really know how to organize or promote the sport properly is a lot to deal with.

Now the track, i haven t seen the track nor ridden it but all i can say is all i saw photos of some dudes hucking mounds of dirt on their dh bikes, and a drawing.. (not much indication of what the track is like is it.)
secondly, seeing a chopper for me isn't really offputting to me but frankly promoting the fact that 12 year old kids can do this or that is great, but like a few others said older people and people who actually promote or push the sport or get involved at a national level have responsabilities bike related or not and can t always afford a broken ankle.

Again i'm saying all this acknowledging the fact that you have had strict guidelines in building the track and time frame etc...

I don t pretend to know all nor do i flame people for it (take note on this!)

But i really think that the problem has be dealt from the core out of the whole organization. You need people that you can delegate tasks too (ie:marketing or promotional) it doesn t have to be someone you pay but someone who can actually put himself into peoples' and riders shoe and actually asks themselves the real questions about how to make this sport more popular.

I mean it doesn t take much of a business mind to actually understand what needs to be done to promote an event.
For example flyers at key bike shops around the state ... etc..
Mtx nsw has an account as far as i m aware and let s be realistic here, money is a drive for any organisers no matter how much of an enthusiast you are or how much of the sport you want it to be accessible.
YOu have to seduce riders into the racing side of 4x at the stage taht we are getting now in Australia.We all know how successfull aussie riders are prefessionaly in 4x riding so it shouldn t be hard to drag more riders in.

See i managed to go this far without insulting anyone (pretty amazing isn't)

Finally 4x is a sport that i truely enjoy, racing, training for, i mean heck i go when unsick or weather allowing it, to gate practising all the way out to castle hill once a week.
I would hate to be a witness of the rise and fall of the 4x discipline.

Dave, i'm sorry to see such change in your commitment to 4x. BUt i understand unless certain things change in the sport i m afraid not many people will be attracted by it.

I could go on and on about it but i d rather have a sit down about it rather than e fight.

NIcho

Last edited:

BOBCATZZ

Banned
As stated earlier you can only work with what you have been given raceing was awsome .
Now DAVER DIRTZ TRAX N TRAILZ build tracks for riders and racers not key board jockys .The thing i cant understant is how 9 10 11 year olds could ride this track yet you cant ! to me it says alot about your skill level.
I dont care if you dont ride its quit obveous you dont do much of it any way.!

nicho

Sacré bleu!
As stated earlier you can only work with what you have been given raceing was awsome .
Now DAVER DIRTZ TRAX N TRAILZ build tracks for riders and racers not key board jockys .The thing i cant understant is how 9 10 11 year olds could ride this track yet you cant ! to me it says alot about your skill level.
I dont care if you dont ride its quit obveous you dont do much of it any way.!

this is pathetic...

Have you ever heard of respect. I m gonna let you in on a little something. Dave has been riding for quite a while and rides regularly, for example he has been building and helping hunter club with their new dh track and riding it aswell. He is the most fervent to any type of racing guy i met and will spend a lot of his time on bikes and taking care of his bikes.
Now dave and i ride together and i can assure you that he will easily keep up if not on our tail in the tighest sections of dh tracks.
Bobcatz i would never insult personnaly someone i don t know as i have respect for other human beings. I would never attack you physical appearance nor your riding skills. I don t care how much you ride or how much you weigh or how well you go at racers in the end none of us will have world recognition not me nor dave and certainly none of you guys.

I would seriously settle down on the insults and pull my head in and actually put effort that you so generously put into insulting other fellow riders in 4x events.

nicho

Last edited:

nicho

Sacré bleu!
I get offended when people attack my friends as much as you are when people attack barnesy s track.

I know that dave s comment can come across as harsh but i believe that it is hard to actually speak your mind on a track or organization without sound ing insulting.

But surely there is other smarter ways to respond to it.

I admire how well Steve Humphreys handles the situation and is always respectfull and will always lend an ear to chronic whingers.

nicho

BOBCATZZ

Banned
He admits that he trys to piss people of .So all i want to know what all these people want in a 4x track as know one seems to know more like down hill /drops /off camber it there as for uci dont even start me .We will keep building people will keep not liking somthing thats the way it is but some people will bagg before its even designed then find excuses later thats the way it works no one gives it a go so there its like me saying nicholi bikes are shit every time you posted somthing about them how would i know i have never had or riden one .

Last edited:

barnesy

Likes Dirt
love you all

O.K. since there is so much positivity in the air, here's what gives me the shits...
People bagging stuff when they haven't ridden it, haven't picked up a shovel, haven't helped run the event, haven't completed the risk assessment document, haven't done the negotiations with land owners, haven't forked out their own money to get it done, haven't been the first to hit something to see if it's safe, haven't spend day after day of your own time up at 5am to try and get a track finished on a deadline.
Last race at SOPA a bunch of people gained a heap of respect from me for putting their hands and time in to match their commentary. Nicho, Maxine, Pylet boys, etc. Of course there are also the usual suspects who pour their lives into trying to get this discipline and events up and running, they always have my respect.
As for stopping racing because of opinions on a forum? We'll if that's all it took you never loved racing in the first place. I love riding, I love racing and I love riding new tracks. There are now 3 x MTNX tracks in Sydney plus Goulburn, Geoff and I designed and built them ALL (58hrs is the longest time we took to actually build any of them - SOPA). Thats ALL the leg work, design work, labour, machine work, computer work and all the criticism. For stuff all. In fact our bikes are worth more than what we have ever received for building all of these tracks together.
But whatever, I have finally learnt to not give a shit about this forum, I saw some awesome young riders having an awesome time on a new track on the weekend. I'm going to design a new track (in fact it's done) and Geoff and I will build another one.

P.S. If you guys haven't worked it out yet, BOBCATZZ loves a blue and it's sooo easy to get a bite on this forum.

G-Man

Likes Dirt
I get offended when people attack my friends as much as you are when people attack barnesy s track.

I know that dave s comment can come across as harsh but i believe that it is hard to actually speak your mind on a track or organization without sound ing insulting.

But surely there is other smarter ways to respond to it.

I admire how well Steve Humphreys handles the situation and is always respectfull and will always lend an ear to chronic whingers.

nicho
Whooooa there fellas ..

Cmon guys - Claws in for a minute ..

1stly Nicho , Squidly & Daver love yas all heeps :) , pics are up now have a squiz .....

http://www.putfile.com/gman073/images/132303

2ndly
what i believe the mention and all the heat is about ( or at least my post it was )
was the statement - "" Daver said - the tracks suck nuts "" and that is what i was
having a little nudge , nudge about and that's the brass tax ..
I got told ( via forum granted ) by Daver ( yes we know eachother and have for some time weezzz cool ) that the tracks sucked nuts - and i believe that would encompas our new track as there were no specifics ..
This imeadietly prompted me to respond with the tipycal - You havent even been there
blaber and so on ..

3rdly
Daver - Dont stop riding the 4X over this little crap on we are having - this is a forum
and i dont take or make anything personal- just use it as a voice ..
I for one enjoy waching you pin down a 4X or DH track on any given day - we call ya Mr Smooth bro ..

4thly- if thats a word
Squidly my bruva - We didnp't build this one to ride for fun - it is a race track - not for the faint of heart however in saying that, it's all about self controle as we had a 13yo girl on the track all day pinning and on the other end of the scale we had Mr Humphries himself racing on the day and he was as well pinning - it was great to see - check the pics ..

Any hoo - My appolagies ( sp ) for any un needed slander it may have driven ,, lets all
just keep on racin - hickin what ever as long as your having a ball ..

Good night folks ..

G-man - Attempting a voice of reason - outy :)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
But whatever, I have finally learnt to not give a shit about this forum, I saw some awesome young riders having an awesome time on a new track on the weekend. I'm going to design a new track (in fact it's done) and Geoff and I will build another one.
Barnesy. Mate. Come on. Not everyone on this forum dislikes what you do, but to "not give a shit" about this forum as a whole is a childish generalisation. It would be like me saying all your tracks are shit when they're not. You've read my opinion on racing at Olympic Park but I personally loved the look of Ebenezer when I went out to photograph it for the 1st time. If it wasn't for work commitments, you would've found me racing this years State round there.

Anyway please don't go generalising everyone on this forum the way you just did. If you didn't like the way a certain individual was generalising their opinion on all your tracks, there's no reason for you to lower yourself to their level.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Squidly my bruva - We didnp't build this one to ride for fun - it is a race track - not for the faint of heart however in saying that, it's all about self controle as we had a 13yo girl on the track all day pinning and on the other end of the scale we had Mr Humphries himself racing on the day and he was as well pinning - it was great to see - check the pics ..
Granted, but the problem is getting that message conveyed to the public who haven't been there yet (key word).
Whether I'm right or wrong about the track or the way it was marketed, 47 riders (or whatever it was) is not what I'd consider great for a State Championship race and this needs to be addressed.

You know I love you G-Man (in a non-sexual kinda way of course) and I'll do you a deal. You work on Bobcatzz temper, and I'll work on Daver's. ;)

old4dy

Likes Dirt
my hasnt this thread sparked up.

With regards to hamburger Hill

What an amazing track, all these negatives to set straight.

For a start I may be a newbie to this amazing pasttime/sport.

My opinion that Kurrajong will be one of the best tracks in NSW once it gets past this stage.

I was fortunate enough to go and do some slave work with Pylet crew prior to the State

round, the good thing being a slave for a while is you get to ride something FIRST before

anybody else, you know what i found this track BLOODY AMAZING, i may have been on the

brakes a bit, but i got to the bottom unscathed.

My sons raced the state round and had a ball they and myself cant wait for the next round

at Hamberger Hill, so maybe the bitchin may be over by then.

As others have said this track is very user friendly that is if you go about it in the right

frame of mind, go too mad and you will be punished big time.

If the young pinners can race and enjoy this track whats going on with the older set are

they still wrapped up in cotton wool or something?

A few photos of helicopters and big lips and people are burying their heads in the sand.

scblack

Leucocholic
nah cool i also gave some constructive critasism if i rode it it would have been Blines for me to so next down hill i will arc about the b line through the rock garden or drop that it should be as fast cool.
Do i see you about that
I have now read this several times and still have no idea what it is you are saying. Is there a point here?:rolleyes:

ALL WINGERS THAT IS
How did you know I played WINGER in union? You must be oh-so smart to have picked that up.....:rolleyes:

maybe u should read the thread from the start
Maybe you need to try that again yourself.

You really have simply come across as a fool here;). Nicho has called you peurile, Daver who has raced many MTNX races does not want a bar of you anymore, Squid acknowledges you need help, G-man apologises for un-needed slander.

You have obviously impressed people in here.:rolleyes:

MAYBE WE SHOULD CHANGE IT FROM FARKIN FORUMS TO PEAHEART
Allow me to make the same reply:
Maybe we should change it from BOBCATZZ to PEABRAIN.

dirtdemon

Likes Dirt
Quote(Seriously, any glaring reasons why numbers were down? What can we do to make the races more attractive to people? Is it the tracks? Is it the entry fees? Is it the organisation)

Note: - Steve asked what are the problems!

Quote(People bagging stuff when they haven't ridden it, haven't picked up a shovel, haven't helped run the event, haven't completed the risk assessment document, haven't done the negotiations with land owners, haven't forked out their own money to get it done, haven't been the first to hit something to see if it's safe, haven't spend day after day of your own time up at 5am to try and get a track finished on a deadline.)

Note: - Again Steve asked and people have put forward their suggestions!

Quote (4x shouldt be about A or B lines but rather a variety of lines that are equally fast if riden well , but using different strengths allowing riders to pick the line that most suits there riding style so that passing is encouraged right to the finish .)

Note: - People were doing a really good job explaining there reasons why! And you only need to look at the photos to see that the track wasn't consistantly producing close racing.

Things will never improve if constructive criticism can't be heard and accepted. Don't ask for suggestions if you don't want to listen, but do so at the sports peril.

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Mtn X Champs

Please I have kept out of this, James asked not me.

The numbers are hard to get but the ones I have are
2004-05 Nationals, Smallest Armadale 34 Largest Eildon 104, Average 63
2005-06 Nationals Smallest ? Largest SOPA 210, Average ?
2006 NSW/ACT Smallest Ebenezer 45 Largest SOPMMX 92, Average 64
2006-07 Nationals Smallest Black Hill 62 Largest Stromlo159, Average 79
2007 NSW/ACT so far Smallest Ebenezer 48 Largest Stromlo 54 Average 51

So looking at the figurers the 51 Kurrajong is average and respectable.

Only big time advertising gets the numbers up at this stage of the sports development

smj_031

Cannon Fodder
NSW Mtnx States.

For riders to get better they need tracks like kurrajong. That track was crazy, just always had to be thinking, had to be smooth, had to jump and manual, had to corner well, which I can't so I'm so wonderful at, but I had to learn.
In a sport that combines so many disiplines, where theres so many different skills, lines, techniques ect ect that come into play tracks need to be 'out there' and exciting and a bit different.
As much as it scared me half to death, and crashing didn't help at all, I thought it was an awesome track to ride, and congrats to the guys who spent the time building it, becasue if they didn't we wouldnt have had a state titles!

The only thing that wasn't so cool was the few 'misunderstandings' that happened with the different classes and staging, but Steve did a great job at calming a few dusgruntled parents and keeping everything going.

MtnX has the potential to be really big, and being a sport that supports riders from heaps of different back grounds, DH, BMX, XC, dirt jumping, free riding ect. it needs to be advertised to them all in mediums that will attract all of those riders.

I'm sure everyone will be at olympic park this weekend, at another fun and exciting track. See yas all there.
Shannon J. :)