Muovasi carbon frame, any good

safreek

Hi guys, I may have convinced a friend to get into mtb , also may have convinced him not to get those stupid big wheels.
So this is a carbon frame for under 180 bucks, I have an old drivetrain and wheels, basically the whole set up bar a sensible fork.
Would you put a friend on this or is it not safe for someone around 100kg.
Plan is to put one of those manitou r7 on it.
Anyone done one of these frames and can tell me how it feels to ride.
I know it's bugger all to spend and if it was for me I would take the chance but don't want to put an inexperienced person on a dud for their first bike.
Cheers for any reviews.
I know someone on here got one of the roadie frames but have heard nothing more
Screenshot_2018-11-14-17-34-16-02.png

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No, won't be too big. But what stem length have you got? Some wide(r) bars too?

Honestly, give him this frame, ok components, reasonable fork & a proper cockpit setup & he'll be happy.

safreek

No, won't be too big. But what stem length have you got? Some wide(r) bars too?

Honestly, give him this frame, ok components, reasonable fork & a proper cockpit setup & he'll be happy.
Cheers for the answer, stem would be around 50ish and bars are around 680mm.
I am guessing the r7 would do the job

safreek

Following. Looking to build a cheap beater for fam and this is just too cheap to ignore.
You are correct, cheaper than alloy frames.
The dude I am getting it for will only be doing dirt roads and bike paths at the moment, if he graduates to a dually I will hunt down a cheapie

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The dude I am getting it for will only be doing dirt roads and bike paths at the moment, if he graduates to a dually I will hunt down a cheapie
haha 'hunt' is a lose term. You just go to cyclingdeal again and pick up a dually frame lol!

Keep us (me?) posted on how it goes. THe only non barnaded carbon I have built had pretty obvious alignment issues for a few major bits - interested to see how this goes.

safreek

haha 'hunt' is a lose term. You just go to cyclingdeal again and pick up a dually frame lol!

Keep us (me?) posted on how it goes. THe only non barnaded carbon I have built had pretty obvious alignment issues for a few major bits - interested to see how this goes.
Got this beauty for 300 delivered from them, I really like cyclingdeal
IMG_20180411_152357.jpg

Last edited:

safreek

Frame left Melbourne with courier please, already in Sydney. If it keeps going at this pace I will have it by Tuesday. Hip hip hooray .
Nine of this breath holding though

safreek

All free postage, pretty cool.
Even the astrix postage was free and I think that around 8kg.
You should take a day or 2 leave to have a look. I assume they have a shop.
Wish I could afford a trigger frame, would be sweet with 26 wheels on it