Shifters: Shimano XT Di2 front, XTR Di2 rear
Headset: Cane Creek 40
System display: Shimano XT Di2
Chain: Shimano XTR
Pedals: Mavic Crossmax
Bottles: Canyon Eject

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice to see a front derailleur on a big rig. And some dirt, love your work.
I've been experimenting with the battery on the Di2. If I leave the bike sitting in the garage in the big ring it seems to go flat quicker. I've tried different batteries, updates, settings on the derailleur but it doesn't like being left sitting in the big ring.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you get stuck with the Trek forks try Astroboyracer in Melbourne, he's always got vintage forks in there for servicing.
Love the 180mm stem on that thing!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had three rides on the new Pivot Mach 5.5 now. First ride was a simple firetrail, easy singletrack ride. My position on the bike felt pretty good.

Second ride I adjusted the suspension so the sag was a bit better, more air in the front and rear. Wound the rebound and compression to the open position, did a bit of a car park spin and adjusted them a little bit. This ride was a disaster. I felt crap and rode poorly, the front brake got enough air in it that the lever came to the bar without slowing me down, the shifting was slow and the fork was leaking oil out the bottom on the rebound adjuster side. On really slow turns the front wheel felt too far out in front of me. It was a terrible ride and the bike went back to the shop. Brakes bled, a new chain to replace the old one that was 2 links short for this bike, forks rebuilt.

Third ride was this morning on the same track as the last ride. Everything on the bike was meant to be sorted. I felt better, but still a bit sick. The bike rode brilliantly. My position felt right. Hope on the bike and it just felt natural. The brakes worked! The suspension worked. Rebound and compression settings seemed right for the track, sag was good and I had a tiny bit of travel left at the end of the loop. No harsh bottoming on a drop I haven't hit in years. The steering felt good. I was trying to get over the front a bit more and it was easy enough to move front and back. Climbing performance on rocky stuff is definitely better than the Intense Recluse and the Liteville 301. Descending is significantly better too. The bike feels stable.

I'm really glad I went back to Pivot. Their bikes seem to work for me.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few updates...

The Mach 5.5 is going great! I'm still really happy with it. I've changed the cranks from 175mm 36/26 to 170mm 34/24. Less pedal strikes and the ratios seem good too.

The Trickstuff Diretissima brakes have been off the bikes longer than they have been on. The latest issue was fluid slowly leaking from the rear caliper, which it had apparently been doing since new. After receiving the caliper rebuilt kit from Germany the lbs did the rebuild. I went to pick it up, squeezed the lever and it came to the bar again. This time with mineral oil all over the shop floor. 3 months and counting for this issue.

In the mean time I bought some XT 4 piston brakes to fit to the Nicolai. I got home and put the new XTs on the fatbike, stripped the Evil Sovereign down and put the Saint brakes and Pro Tharsis bar from it on the Nicolai. The XTs feel good on the fatbike.

I've rebuilt the Cotic Solaris up as a mtb with 1x11 XT. I think it needs 120mm forks instead of the 100mm forks it currently has.

Picked up a Kirk magnesium frame as well.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I definitely expected better. I was concerned when Trickstuff couldn't fix the problem with the front brake after sending it back to them. The lbs identified the issue but they wouldn't let the bike shop fix it because their technicians needed to do it. Eventually they sent a lever rebuild kit and it was fixed. This time the o-rings didn't seem to fit quite right.