My Ipod (nano) Experience

DIRTSURFER666

Likes Dirt
mtbmaniac said:
lol i made the decision to buy a Creative thing then just get my mate to add sum memory to it it started off as 5 gigs now is like 25... i think.

p.s. Dont buy Apple they look stylish but they just a fad either wait till that movie one comes or buy a better quality one with more memory.
wow sweet ive got the 5gig creative zen micro assuming thats what youve got
how do u get 25gig memory??

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like the mini with it's metallic casing is gonna become a collector's item in a few years....

as for my ipod, i'd froze on me just a couple of times, because i was trying to do too many things at the same time.

i have nothing to say but good things.
IMO well worth every cent.

bhipsley

Likes Dirt
I got my ipod like over two years ago when nobody even knew what an ipod was, oh how times change. Neway mine doesnt even have a click wheel just the four buttons. About a month ago now it was in my bag in a case and anyway when i pulled it out of the bag and case and the back had dettached and the thing didnt turn on. Those things look cool inside :D Anyway i took it to where i bought it and luckily i had got extended warranty on the thing (normal warranty lasts for one measly year) and so they gave me a brand new one fore free, i was laughing. The new one is working great and im realy happy with it except i got a scratch on the screen like the first day i got it :(

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wattsy said:
AHAHAHAHA, serves you right for buying an Ipod in the first place. They have been plagued since they were first released and allways will be. Why? cause apple has never had prior knowledge in these type's of devices. And they have been designed to fail, anyone selling them will know that.
Yeah, unfortunately I bought the second generation when no one knew about Apple's dickheadedness. I've been through two smaller solid state players since I bought the ipod. It's battery still works quite well, because I've never used the POS!!:mad:

sutho

Squid
this is why i decided to just get a shuffle. they're not exactly cool looking, they are cheap, can take a fair bit of crap and hold enough music most activities. after going through so many discmans and md players, i have to say im pretty impressed by it

cheese

Likes Dirt
I also love my little shuffle. There isnt much on it to break and I dont care if it gets scratched in my pocket.

Screens though, its not a problem just localised in ipod nano ville. I fell off my chair and the screen cracked on my Nokia 3105, you are probably thinking "what a retard serves him right". Well after a month or so and $110 I had a brand new screen which lasted for about 3 weeks. I was even being EXTRA careful with my phone. One day I just looked at it and it was broken again, no impacts or knocks, just from sitting inside my pocket. Thin screens break easily, boo.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Well at the moment I'm loving my new Walkman phone (Sony Ericsson w800),

Saves having to carry around both an MP3 player and a moby. Although I am somewhat mystified by Sony-Ericsson's incredibly pish marketing campaign for it. A couple of crap adverts on the telly and a few full page ads in mags that tell you fuck all about the product is no way to wage business my little japanese and finnish(I think) friends!

It was only after reading a review I found out that it uses memory sticks so you can have anything up to 2Gb memory in it at any time and the total amount of memory you devote to tunes is only limited by how many sticks you own!

Dead easy to transfer tunes from a laptop as well, not to mention a 2 megapixel camera.

But if all you go by is the ads then it's "just another phone that can play a couple of MP3's"

No wonder Apple are shitting all over them!

Better hope they lift their game for the PS3!

lukethedork

Likes Bikes
Iriver Mofo!!!

Hey i'd just like to say that i hate everything about Ipod, the only thing that is half decent is the UI (User Interface) which is very simple/easy to use. But as long as your not retarded, or some blonde bimbo that shouldnt be a problem anyway. I think Iriver is superb, might i add that i myself have one Iriver H340 (H300 series obviously). Also, this may not affect the retarded and blonde bimbo's, but if you have ever actually listened to an Ipod's sound quality, it is shit (no not 'the shit' just plain 'SHIT')... I think for sound quality i would prefer an Iriver or Sony. Ipod sucks for sound quality. Creative although a sound card manufacturer it still isn't all that great (i would choose Creative over Ipod). Mrobe (is that even the name of the company that makes them? i have no idea) there sound quality isnt all that good either. IRIVER ALL THE WAY (i was very bored when i wrote this) :)... oops forgot to add this.. heres the new Ipod take a look, it looks great http://gprime.net/video.php/ipodflea

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
lukethedork said:
but if you have ever actually listened to an Ipod's sound quality, it is shit (no not 'the shit' just plain 'SHIT')... I think for sound quality i would prefer an Iriver or Sony. Ipod sucks for sound quality.
That is SO true goddamnit. I only realised how shit the sound was when I got my iriver with the Sony ear buds with the rubber grommets on them. The iriver MP3 player (T10) has such good sound, I listen to it at home, in the car or anywhere. Everything now pales in comparrison to its sound!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Not being that up on 'the pod' I'm just wondering, can you alter the quality of the music files before downloading them onto the I-Pod? With my Hi-MD and new phone the sound quality really depends on how much kbps you've used to record the track,

CD quality sound IS possible on both but you sacrifice a lot of space on the disk/stick.

Is this the same with the I-Pod?

Also has anyone ever noticed that every computer or laptop you see in a Hollywood blockbuster is made by Apple despite the majority of people in real life using PC's?

They must spend a fortune on product placement

slm33d

Likes Dirt
sony ericson

my sister has that white and orange phone well both of em and there awesome.:D . i want one but i cant afford it yet:( .

Tailus

Likes Bikes
The sound quality from an ipod is as good as any other player out there. output response is nearly dead flat unless you use low impedance headphones (like the standard ones) in which case you'll lose just a bit of low bass.

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apple those bastards place guidelines under their warrenty, becuase Apple know people use these ipods for their intended use but the screen ends up cracking.
Apple's value is verry unfair to its customers in terms of warrenty

tanlicouz

Likes Dirt
Bad luck to all those with ipods that screwed up... i Guess im the lucky one, my ipod nana has been great.

However i don't take it to gym or riding... i use the shuffle for that.

The nano.. more for just lounging around, going out that type of thing. Shuffle for high impact stuff.

I dunno though, the only complaint i have is that the things gets scractched pretty easy but besides that no problems at all. Im loving it. Hrmmm.. bad luck i guess;)

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
There is an article on www.news.com.au today about people in Mexico launching a class action against Apple for this reason. Apparently this has already happened in the US, sounds like it's Australia's turn to launch a class action against them.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Yer sound quality wise, ipods are shit, sonys compare to the best sound quality out of any player. I didnt end up gettin one cause i dont like the way the program works on the sony, and the files it surports. I got a zen Mini, and very very happy, awesome sound and easy as 2 use. (that and its small)

RCOH

Eats Squid
tanlicouz said:
my ipod nana has been great.

However i don't take it to gym or riding... i use the shuffle for that.

The nano.. more for just lounging around, going out that type of thing. Shuffle for high impact stuff.
Marketing works

GoingDHfast

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
Marketing works
Exactly what I was thinking. Apple iProduct - your life in a small, plastic box. :D

As far as sound quality goes I think it comes down to the quality of the internal parts and the types of output jacks. I think iRiver are better in these regards, partly because they have optical out? You really need to be recording in qualities of 320+ and connecting your player to some awesome speakers/headphones before these things even matter though!

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
I have a sandisk mp3 player, with a number of songs on it, and a set of sennheiser decent headphones. I got a mate (who is an IT ludite) an iriver (790 by memory), and burnt the same songs onto the iriver that I had on mine (i.e. same compression rates, ect). The difference in the sound quality between the two is amasing (I wanted to dump mine and buy an iriver straight away :( ).

So, there is differences between mp3 players at ordinary compression rates which are very audible.

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
actualy read the article submited by apple regarding the screens cracking, theyve stsated that they will replace them because it is a manafacturing fault and not a design fault. by there records 1/3 screens will crack. but they have said theyl replace it in this article they publicly launched (google it, very easy to find) but yes it is a very big dissapointment, my new one cracked the first day i had it (took it to the gym):(