AUS National DH Championships - Final Results

stevenw

Pro Rider
That may be true, and the GCMTBC have applied for a Wc at illinbah as the president mentioned some months ago in a thread.
However they couldn't meet certain criteria so the UCI didn't award them a round.
Just to clear this up: GCMTB have never applied to have a world cup. We thought about it, but to be able to achieve it, we would need more help from volunteers and the council. At the moment we get not much help from either. We would also need $200,000 to start with and thats another big ask. The other problem we have is not enough accommodation in and around Illinbah. Until we can get more people on the committee, I doubt we will ever apply for a WC or the Aust Champs.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Just to clear this up: GCMTB have never applied to have a world cup. We thought about it, but to be able to achieve it, we would need more help from volunteers and the council. At the moment we get not much help from either. We would also need $200,000 to start with and thats another big ask. The other problem we have is not enough accommodation in and around Illinbah. Until we can get more people on the committee, I doubt we will ever apply for a WC or the Aust Champs.
People seem to think holding a world cup would be a breeze for a larger club and especially for a club that hold australian round.Think that multiplied by about 100.i would have to think it would almost be a fuul time job to organize a WC round

stevenw

Pro Rider
People seem to think holding a world cup would be a breeze for a larger club and especially for a club that hold australian round.Think that multiplied by about 100.i would have to think it would almost be a fuul time job to organize a WC round
You would probably have to pay someone to work around the clock organising sponsors ect, and even though our club is big, we don't have enough people to be able to handle an event this size... We have about 8 people that help us for every race and it nearly kills us just doing the national round. A WC is a whole different ball game.

peanut

Likes Dirt
sorry my bad.. i assumed from reading the thread concerned, that you had.

sjones

Squid
hmm bout the accomodation for illinbah. wat bout the gold coast plenty there its like a 40 minute drive. but the money issue is a bit of a problem. how does a mountain bike club come up with that amount of money. illinbah would be sick for worlds.

noballz

Likes Dirt
getting back to the results, how many people still believe that sam hill should be selected to represent oz at the champs. as it stands there are at least 10 riders that would in all likelihood get a better result at stromlo than he would.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Being a complete noob in the world of MTB.... and also a WA boy I couldnt help but see the footage of the MTB champs on SBS today and but noticed the sam hill event.

I quickly scanned the whole thread for any info and aside from some speculation cant seem to see any explanation for the gate break.

??????

Ezreal2001

Likes Bikes
Being a complete noob in the world of MTB.... and also a WA boy I couldnt help but see the footage of the MTB champs on SBS today and but noticed the sam hill event.

I quickly scanned the whole thread for any info and aside from some speculation cant seem to see any explanation for the gate break.

??????
I'd love to know too.

But honestly? Your best bet would be to direct that question to Sam Hill. Cos anyone else is just plucking their answer out of their arse.

Of this is a forum...

backdoor

Likes Bikes
Sam did what Sam does best, kept his cards close to his chest.

Back to the subject of the track though, I've heard the RSA track is meant to be pretty pedally also, so maybe somewhere else will end up copping all the flack and take the focus off Strom,

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt

??????
Total speculation this is .. but here goes.

Sam Hill is a VERY cunning rider. His line choice, his start technique and even his tactics for qualifying are very unique. I have heard that he doesnt practise with anyone, i have heard he will qualify slow to be in a more commanding position when the race runs start. The gate flick, seen today on SBS, appears to be more of his head games again. I say again in reference to his announcement to the world last year that he was going to win every WC round, totally psyched out a lot of riders last year even though he didnt actually win all the rounds. By flicking the gate open and in the end, putting him down in 10th position, keeps all the other riders thinking that are in with a chance( looking at you smarmy snot nosed Gee Atherton!!).

Sam Hill doesn't give two f*&^cks about the "Australian National Champion", it doesn't pay and it doesn't get you anywhere. WORLD CHAMPION is pay day for WC riders and the less they know about Sam Hill's Stromlo form the better for Sam on the day.

He flicked the gate and waited what ...... 5-8 secs before "leisurely" cruising down the ramp. The difference was less than 9 secs I believe between him and Sick Mick. Sam was just toying with them. Smoked them all and WILL smoke them all again in August. Just don't anyone let it rain down there. Then fat Rennie and his piss head sidekick Peaty will be in with a chance.