New AMB?

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The movie that comes with it is soooooo sik! Its like Dh galore. And it has the best stacks in it aswell!

davo231481

Likes Bikes
havent read it yet as ive only just finished watching the DVD that came with it. It is inspiring enough to just go for a quick blast around the block.

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Even with the DVD, I walked away when I saw $9.95. It was worth the effort when $6.95 maybe even 7.95, but not now. There just isn't enough in it when compared to Dirt which is a dollar cheaper.

Be interesting to see how much sales drop on the price rise.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Even with the DVD, I walked away when I saw $9.95. It was worth the effort when $6.95 maybe even 7.95, but not now. There just isn't enough in it when compared to Dirt which is a dollar cheaper.

Reason number 2 for for subscribing.... Now I not only get my mag before you non-subscribers.. i also get it cheaper than you do :D

**.. actually the subscription was a present so im not fussed either way

DeBloot

Feeling old

I've got to say that the price of AMB and MBA is bloody outrageous. I subscribe to AMB, but I wouldn't buy it for $10.
I just bought a new, current copy of Zinn and the art of MTB maintenence at a book sale for $10.
How can mags that are not as good as some others (from OS) charge that much? I bought an issue of Dirt and the quality and reading shits on these others. I realise that Oz is a much smaller market, but it will shrink even more at these prices.

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Dirt would most likely sell 10-100x the copies that AMB does and be produced with roughly the same number of staff (or so it seems). More revenue justifies more pages I guess when their overheads are similar.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What have they written about Manly Dam?
just a usual trail map, with a couple of pictures, and a bit of a description.
says its pretty busy, and often used for other purposes than bikes. not much else just a bit of a run in on it.

got mine yesterday, im not too worried about $2 difference, does it really matter? DVD is great, love the NWD 8 cut.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Yes, I was talking to JT on the phone the other day. It should hit your shelves on the first of june... 1 week to go.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Great to see that Subaru did a full page advertisement. An indication of things to come?

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've got my subsciption and the dvd is awesome i love the chapter named smackdown!

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've got my subsciption and the dvd is awesome i love the chapter named smackdown!
it would be from nwd8 if its named smackdown

go get nwd8 its really good you will not regrte it or get earthed 5 also awesome

dirt jumper 2

Likes Dirt
I say stuff amb and only get dirt and revolution. They have far more content and they sell for cheaper also cant wait to get the next revolution to see if ive won some tyres.

Trevor_S

Likes Dirt
I must admit I have not purchased a mag of any kind for any interest I have for 5 years at least ?

There is SO much info on line, I don't get a chance to go through even a small percentage of that, let alone spend extra money purchasing mags as well.

I had "assumed" everyone else would do the same :p , it's interesting to see people still purchase magazines.