New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
So I can see 96 backers there who have yet to join in this discussion saying they are concerned that they will not receive their allocated froth. Can you clarify your point please?
You don't get product for "donations". You didn't donate, you prepaid for a ticket, or tickets (+stickers). This is reality.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
You don't get product for "donations". You didn't donate, you prepaid for a ticket, or tickets (+stickers). This is reality.
I agree but we still haven't heard from anybody who doesn't think they're going to get what they've paid for. Also each of those items is labelled as a donation, I assume that there are T&Cs attached to the rewards in the fine print.

FigBo0T

I agree but we still haven't heard from anybody who doesn't think they're going to get what they've paid for. Also each of those items is labelled as a donation, I assume that there are T&Cs attached to the rewards in the fine print.
I get where you're coming from, and if I'd been around when the froth was flowing, I'm almost certain I would have thrown a 50 at them too. It would be awesome to have the facility close to Sydney. It would be huge for the club racing scene among other things. And I like stickers.

But they've stopped communicating now. 106 people bought tickets. What rewards are you talking about? The language of marketing is just bullshit with flower drums attached. You entered into a retail exchange. You paid for access and stickers (at a minimum)

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I could have taken that the wrong way. It doesn't change anything though. $50 was the minimum, and not what everyone paid.
Well that was the minimum to get a perk back.

Am I naive in thinking you'd get more money for a campaign that is open, honest and realistic rather this misleading and frothy one?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I get where you're coming from, and if I'd been around when the froth was flowing, I'm almost certain I would have thrown a 50 at them too. It would be awesome to have the facility close to Sydney. It would be huge for the club racing scene among other things. And I like stickers.

But they've stopped communicating now. 106 people bought tickets. What rewards are you talking about? The language of marketing is just bullshit with flower drums attached. You entered into a retail exchange. You paid for access and stickers (at a minimum)
I'm sorry but without access to any terms and conditions attached to the transaction you can't unequivocally state that.

Each of those values clearly states "Donate $x or more" and the text on the left states that "donations are open" and awesome rewards given.

FigBo0T

I don't think that you're naive and certainly nobody, including me, is lauding their marketing methods.
That's exactly what you just did.

I'm sorry but without access to any terms and conditions attached to the transaction you can't unequivocally state that.
Each of those values clearly states "Donate $x or more" and the text on the left states that "donations are open" and awesome rewards given.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It would be huge for the club racing scene among other things
How? There is already 2 clubs in the area that have great trail networks. These are open to the public to use for free and mostly maintained by volunteers. In addition to this there is a few locations managed for free by volunteers in "trail alliance" models. I'm not sure how a private enterprise is going to blow the race scene into the next dimension of gnar?

If they are seeking government funding they may actually have a negative impact on the local race scene.

Forgot that there is also a bit of private trail on offer on the area as well. Some of I quite popular.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The project is in a mid-stage of the D/A process which incidentally passed the gateway with council on the 2014 application who are now considering the 2018 amendment.
Have you got any links, just had a look at the central coast council site and can't find any DA's for mountain bike parks. It might be under a different address but all the DA's are there for GV caravans, equestrian, running and Etc.

FigBo0T

How? There is already 2 clubs in the area that have great trail networks. These are open to the public to use for free and mostly maintained by volunteers. In addition to this there is a few locations managed for free by volunteers in "trail alliance" models. I'm not sure how a private enterprise is going to blow the race scene into the next dimension of gnar?

If they are seeking government funding they may actually have a negative impact on the local race scene.

Forgot that there is also a bit of private trail on offer on the area as well. Some of I quite popular.
Can you hold national or international events on the local trails? Asking for a friend.