NEW Intense DH Bike: 951

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FRO version will have a monocoque down tube.

Same weight as a SOCOM. Geo looks like a Sunday...
Yeah, found that a little later...!
Wondered how they'd hydroformed the downtube in house/locally...
So it's moncoque top and downtube...

cantride4shit

Likes Dirt
There's a pic of one on the Littermag post for the Sea Otter. Not in CRC colours - will be interesting to see if the CRC team breaks 'em out @ Sea Otter, which in previous years was always the meet for teams to unveil their new rides, strip, etc.
I'd be surprised to see CRC riding the 951 since they have just had the new M6 EVO made for this year, but stranger things have happened. Maybe the team could have a choice of 2 frames like Yeti (303 and 303-R). Pure speculation of course.

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
They could be useful for sea otter since it's so flat... A bit less full on than an M6 and an ad for Intense's new bike in one would be a pretty good arrangement...

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's unreal. They have had the M6 Evo in development for a while now and the CRC team has been riding them...now the 951.

Looks unbelievable but Intense bikes always look pretty amazing. Be nice to see Kovarik onboard one at the next WC.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could be an interesting experience trying to pedal a 951 over obstacles with a lower BB then a sunday. 951 is the area code of the intense workshop.

Littermag has the goods. Warning may make you jizz.

Last edited:

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it just me or does it look kinda like a Yakuza?
Actually thinking it was more like a fancy new version of a Santa Cruz vp free. The socom and vpfree were "kissing cousins"- the main difference was the front shock mount. The socom has it on the top tube, vpfree on the down tube, as is the case with this new frame. Head angle is slacker than the 'free, which is good...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
There will be a chaeper no adjustable version too
Awesome. Adjustable geometry is completely void in my requirements for a DH rig.

I'v never adjusted geometry, except to put it in the lowest/slackest position available when I initially set it up..

kizza01

Likes Dirt
Ill play devils advocate, I think it looks terrible and that intense have built their modern DH image on monocoque frames. To use this bike as their flag ship would not be a good move by Steb.

kaotickelly

Likes Dirt
The matt colors looks great.

Am I right in stating that the tubes are slightly thinner (not the tube wall but the actual tube) than the 2008 models? I like the thinner look. Burly looks of 2008 makes the bike feel 'heavy' :p