New XT.

moorey

call me Mia
But seriously, if I was to run a 45t rear, I'd want the get the benefit of higher gearing and run a 38 front minimum.

Minlak

custom titis
Hey Minlak,
Sweet as.
Why not extra range 11-42?
I don't think the 11-42 are available yet.
The 42t are at least 6 more weeks away apparently and the ispec "b" shifter I wanted is closer to 4 mths away yet. The information I have which is a conglomeration of best guess is close to Christmas start of next year before the full range is easily accessible.

I use a 42t range extender now with a 30t front and hold out on going to the 42 until I absolutely have to. I have been riding to get stronger not just be comfortable. I have been using the 42t less and less and even contemplated going to a 32 front. I have been spending more time around the 16t and find the gap a bit of a jump between spinning to fast and too hard to push. I wanted a new drive train for the Epic in September so decided to get used to this.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Rather than forking out for a new shifter when the I-Spec-B version is available, you should just be able to get a conversion cap, as is possible with the 10-sp. versions.

Minlak

custom titis
Ok I know a few of you have been waiting and whilst I cant do the ride report until this evening (riding at 2pm) I can give you some of my first impressions.

Mid Cage Rear Derailleur
Rear Shifter
11 Spd Chain
11-40 Cassette

Set Up :- Usual Shimano except they have changed the High / Low / B-Screws which I liked they have made them allen heads.

IMG_0396.JPG

As it is designed for 11x there is a mass of room for the cable attachment between the derailleur and sprockets. The 10x stuff came very close to touching if you added a one up ring when in the highest gear.

IMG_0397.JPG

Shift action:- I am a little disappointed as the shift action itself is a little heavy but the shifts are crisp and accurate. You don't seem to move the shifter very far for it to index either.
Clutch:- Very long throw from off to on there will be a technical reason I am sure this is just an observation.

IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG

The actual derailleur looks and feels a little "Plasticy" but I think that's just the much larger clutch cover. I will be riding this afternoon and If I make it back I will give an overview of real world shifting.

(New BB / Grips / Gears / Bearings / Wheels serviced its a lot to go wrong)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
They claim a lighter shift action from the previous version. I was looking forward to that - I got sick of it on the 10 speed and went to a Saint shifter for its longer lever...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
^^ have you got your chain routed correctly between the two jockey wheels ? Probably do but it just looks like it's taking a strang angle between them.