newcastle riders

freeboy

Likes Dirt
i dont understand why people go to so much effort to keep destroying the jumps. makes me angry and everyone else i dont doubt is too. what do they gain from our loss?
puh. as fun as motos are, they're still a dick breed for disrespect.
ohwell.
theres some awesome shores, along with a nice dh track and some big gaps, out at elebana. its a bit closer than the wattagans, so if anyones keen to ride them with me this coming weekend, let me know.
last i heard, the builders had built a spiral shore...
ill have a bit of time the first week of school hols too, so if anyones keen to pair up with me for some runs, let me know. im good for mornings but have to study in the avo.

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Careful what you say.
I dont understand why faggots go to so much effort to keep destroying the jumps. makes me angry and everyone else i dont doubt is too. what do they gain from our loss?
The jumps are destroyed for a good reason. if the builders hadn't cleared bush to put in a shitty hip, the jumps would be fine. Everyone's fine with just jumping the quarries and what used to be there. There was no need to clear more bush in a national park. Just go to the quarries and jump there. The top jumps aren't any bigger anyway.

theres some awesome shores, along with a nice dh track and some big gaps, out at elebana. its a bit closer than the wattagans, so if anyones keen to ride them with me this coming weekend, let me know.
Councils knocking it down. Not much point going anymore really :(

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Freeboy, it is against Farkin rules to use a homophobic slur just because you can't think of a better way of describing something or someone that you don't like. Please come up with a better way of expressing yourself.

freeboy

Likes Dirt
Careful what you say.

The jumps are destroyed for a good reason. if the builders hadn't cleared bush to put in a shitty hip, the jumps would be fine. Everyone's fine with just jumping the quarries and what used to be there. There was no need to clear more bush in a national park. Just go to the quarries and jump there. The top jumps aren't any bigger anyway.
fair enough. i have no idea of the history of the place. but when i started riding, those top ones were always bigger and more fun. had no idea there was a hip there now.
i liked the good ol days when everything was so simple and straight forward. might invent a time machine.

Councils knocking it down. Not much point going anymore really :(
bummer. seems like theres really no where free to ride these days other than skate parks and ur own backyard.

Freeboy, it is against Farkin rules to use a homophobic slur just because you can't think of a better way of describing something or someone that you don't like. Please come up with a better way of expressing yourself.
rightio, wont happen again

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone is keen, i'm probably going to head out to Glenrock sometime this weekend to do a DH/DJ session. I'll be getting there about 9:30 if anyone wants to meet up.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Freeboy, come to the Glenrock Trail Alliance website and have a read around.

Glenrock like Matty said is a National Park. We are currently having Mtb access reviewed in the POM at the moment and its all up in the air so to speak.

The mud jumps and the DH area have caused us a lot of greif in trying to retain access for all of us.

The big cleared area around the log gap on the creek gap run, the following stright lines, the B lines opening up around the steep tree root section of the dippers run, the rubbish left up their, the mud jumps, the tree clearance have all been issues thrown at us in the last few weeks (actually make that year, but the last few weekes have been the most important to us).

We would love to have more input from DH and DJ riders as it has been low so far, so go and read and leave your opinions.

For the record though, I can completely understand why peopl e go to the effort they do to detroy those jumps, Its the tree destruction and erosion that pisses me of. More so just a complete lack of respect for the area and other riders.

As for eleebana........not sure if you know, but Lake Macquarie Council is removing the shore. aahhh, looks like matty beat me to it.

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This sunday i'm more than likely going to head out to Glenrock for a DH/DJ session and then possibly that night stick around and go for a night XC ride. I'll be getting there around 9:30 in the morning and be out there all day. I'm 15 but if anyone's keen to come out just drop me a PM.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm out at Glenrock all today riding DH/DJ. I'll be on a 2005 Norco A-Line if anyone is keen to go for a ride.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone in the Charlestown, Cardiff, Warners Bay area etc. is keen to do XC training rides I'm always up for a ride. I usually stay around the Charlestown golf course, Great North walk area but I'm starting to venture out a bit more. Just PM if your interested.

union

Cannon Fodder
I go riding behind Macquaire Collage on lake road and the bushland behind that.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone is keen, I'm going to be in Glenrock this afternoon till about 7 and same with tomorrow night from roughly 4:00 till 7:00.

Sorry forgot to add i'll be doing DH/DJ.

Last edited:

freeboy

Likes Dirt
hey, im gonna be out riding tomorrow (monday) during the day. if anyone is keen, message me and we can meet up. im keen for some dj action, but pretty easy on where to ride if you wanna meet up.

studdert

Likes Dirt
hey freeboy, ive got this week off, no uni and holiday job starts next week, im keen to hit up some local tracks. I know glenrock faily well, me and a mate did alot of upkeep on the old "mud jumps" before they were knocked down. Thats when the new line in the 2nd quarry emerged, we havent finished it, (we'll get there eventually).

PM me for a ride, ill be at bmx gate practise tonight, but im chilling for the rest of the week. Im on a hardrock at the moment, just sold my good bike and am trying to find a new one.

im keen 4 the ride but and know a fair few decent trails.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Regular Rides

Would anyone been keen on getting a regular weekly/fortnightly DH ride going in Newcastle? Say Sundays at Glenrock or something of the sort? Or even alternating locations because places can definitely become monotonous. Anyone interested?

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Would anyone been keen on getting a regular weekly/fortnightly DH ride going in Newcastle? Say Sundays at Glenrock or something of the sort? Or even alternating locations because places can definitely become monotonous. Anyone interested?
Me and FRN-71E on here are heading out to Killi this Sunday for a few runs on the DH track, then maybe go and terrorise the Skatepark down the road at Holmesville a bit later on if you're interested. :)