Newly Released Bikes General

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
AU pricing will no doubt see it $$$ relative to hopes. The Paradox was very expensive for what it is in my view.

Still bought one though.
Wouldn't concern yerself with the price, at least for now. Apparently only 100 of each being built at first, so would be all sold out before manufacturing completed.

Giving us plebs extra time to skim the kids dollarmite accounts...

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Rune looks sweet.
Not sure why the Trunnion shocks are an issue, I only say that literally because of my lack of knowledge, not to be a smart arse.
If you put a 205x60 in there instead then you get 148mm travel. Sweet spot between a spitty and rune. That could be cool.

Looks like an old reign.....only 1% though.

Price hike I did notice. Sucks but if it is as good as what Keith says then maybe it’s totally worth it. In my dealings with Keith I don’t take him for one to talk shit and fluff about too much.
Trunnion, internal routing, bottle mount inside front triangle...... Keith has lost his freekin' mind!

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can see the advantage of trunnion from a design pint of view. Allowing to move the shock up an extra 10-15mm would help with positioning it in the frame and I would think.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can see the advantage of trunnion from a design pint of view. Allowing to move the shock up an extra 10-15mm would help with positioning it in the frame and I would think.
Yes, but aren't designers telling us they want weight low to lower the CoG? I'm sure someone will work out the effect of 15mm on the overall performance?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yes, but aren't designers telling us they want weight low to lower the CoG? I'm sure someone will work out the effect of 15mm on the overall performance?
The use of a trunnion-mount can reduce overall shock length by 25mm, which can allow for lower top tube heights, or even just to fit the shock vertically in very small-sized frames.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yet almost without exception, every bike employing them these days still has a solid 30mm clearance between the top tube and shock hardware and it puts a nice big single shear interface with alloy threads on one of the highest pressure zones on the bike, matched with extremely stiff rocker links that put all of those pressures directly into the shock body.
It's almost like some brands were putting spherical bearings in their hardware to create a barrier to those forces being directed into the shock and so it could compress without side loading the seals and such in order to stay supple...and all that sense got picked up and thrown in the trash for standover height advantages that aren't realised because they keep it high anyway to keep space in the triangle for drink bottles.
People say all that but I wonder if those are all perceived issues rather than actual issues.

Reactions: Zaf