Newly Released Bikes General

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I feel you, they look so good. I was there. It was in the cart. My finger was hovering. Then I bought a Nicolai instead :D
Haha, that's the second on the list, seeing yours built up didn't help matters.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Haha, that's the second on the list, seeing yours built up didn't help matters.
The Nic isn't super light, but the Jibb is 500g heavier again at 4kg once you add a shock... It's the same weight as the Madonna. Not exactly the poppy fun trail bike I was aiming for.

But god damn it's still one of the best looking bikes out there.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
The Nic isn't super light, but the Jibb is 500g heavier again at 4kg once you add a shock... It's the same weight as the Madonna. Not exactly the poppy fun trail bike I was aiming for.

But god damn it's still one of the best looking bikes out there.
Agreed, weight doesn't worry me, I can find a few kilos to lose elsewhere. Luuurve the Madonna V2 but I'm already on a bit of a plough and the V2 would be way more bike than I need (especially now trips home are off the calendar indefinitely) but bloody hell it's fun putting stuff in the basket and geeking out over numbers.

*not like you can put any RAAWs in the basket...sold out.

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
If the pivot is concentric with the output shaft (which is what it looks like) then it will have no way to counter-act pedaling forces and weight transfer. In other words, it will bob like crazy. Should go very well down hill but inefficient pedaling on the ups or if mashing hard.

Also, the bend in the 'seat-stays' makes no sense at all. Why would you want compliance in that area of a swingarm?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If the pivot is concentric with the output shaft (which is what it looks like) then it will have no way to counter-act pedaling forces and weight transfer. In other words, it will bob like crazy. Should go very well down hill but inefficient pedaling on the ups or if mashing hard.

Also, the bend in the 'seat-stays' makes no sense at all. Why would you want compliance in that area of a swingarm?
So it's not just me! :p

'Tis pretty though.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
new roscoe looks like a nice fun bike, and finally got boost, but prices sure are going up
Sure is - $3500 gets you a heck of a lot of bike elsewhere but the lifetime warranty would be a good selling point.

The Ragley Big Al (29) / Marley (27.5) 1.0 are $2,300 + delivery and have great specs.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
It used to be get gap filler between the Marlins and the more exe bikes, a 'real' MTB but on a budget - I wonder if they'll be putting something else there instead?
The X-Caliber shared the frame with the Roscoe didn't it?

Now the Roscoe has gone 140mm, there's definitely a place for a 120mm semi-slack bike - Something like the Norco Fluid range where the Storm is like the Marlin and the Torrent is now the Roscoe.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Does this really count as a high single pivot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was more talking about the gearbox offset vs using an idler. All suspension designs have a functional pivot point, whether it is fixed or moves due to linkage designs. I can only assume that the linkage design suits the location of the drive sprocket and allows for some rearward axle movement. I can't remember what linkage design they used.