Newly Released Bikes General

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Spectral now available with 125mm travel, but same geo as the bigger version
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral-125/al/

125/140 is a pretty good spot for a lot of the trails I ride, but that's a damn slack HA and relativity long chainstays for what should be a 'trail' bike. The tight squeeze for the water bottle would suck too.
With it not being much lighter, or really different overall, I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't just go the 150mm version. Yeah it might make your local laps a bit too tame sometimes, but it's also a bit more forgiving if you want to push things.
I reckon the HA is spot on and the chainstay too short. The medium strikes the best balance but large and XL are way out of whack.

LPG

likes thicc birds
With it not being much lighter, or really different overall, I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't just go the 150mm version. Yeah it might make your local laps a bit too tame sometimes, but it's also a bit more forgiving if you want to push things.
Agreed, why not just put more pressure/firmer spring or even more positive air tokens to stop you from approaching bottom out

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spectral now available with 125mm travel, but same geo as the bigger version
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral-125/al/

125/140 is a pretty good spot for a lot of the trails I ride, but that's a damn slack HA and relativity long chainstays for what should be a 'trail' bike. The tight squeeze for the water bottle would suck too.
Yea with that geo you'll quickly be sending it down trails and writing checks the bike cant cash. Same build as the normal spectral too - ill cop the 100g weight penalty and take the extra travel thanks
Aside from the wheel size this bike gives me a bit of a boner. I'd like to give it a nudge. It looks like a big wheeled version of most of my recent bikes...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Unfortunately they are going to get more common and be easier to sneak into MTB trails.
There’s some regeneration of flora and fauna along my local creek. Gravel walking paths and the volunteers have done an absolutely incredible job with what was once an industrial waste land. They put in countless hours. You’d never know now what it once was. Birds, lizards and critters native bush land etc.
Except it attracts first our local fuckwit on his Stealth bomber piece of fucking shit, proper dirt bikes and now those high output electric dirt bikes. Completely tearing up and gouging the gravel paths, endless donuts, and riding over and through garden beds and young saplings. There’s a new viewing platform built over the creek. A large circular platform maybe 20-15m across. The smooth decking boards are almost invisible under the burnt rubber from donuts. Round and round and round.
fucking humans.

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Aside from the wheel size this bike gives me a bit of a boner. I'd like to give it a nudge. It looks like a big wheeled version of most of my recent bikes...
looks like a fun bike for a lap around lysty , i live half way between red hill and lysty and never seem to ride there much lately , my mega is just not really suited .

Flow-Rider

Burner
There’s some regeneration of flora and fauna along my local creek. Gravel walking paths and the volunteers have done an absolutely incredible job with what was once an industrial waste land. They put in countless hours. You’d never know now what it once was. Birds, lizards and critters native bush land etc.
Except it attracts first our local fuckwit on his Stealth bomber piece of fucking shit, proper dirt bikes and now those high output electric dirt bikes. Completely tearing up and gouging the gravel paths, endless donuts, and riding over and through garden beds and young saplings. There’s a new viewing platform built over the creek. A large circular platform maybe 20-15m across. The smooth decking boards are almost invisible under the burnt rubber from donuts. Round and round and round.
fucking humans.
I've called a few out on spanktube, and they always try to justify their actions. I used to maintain a few remote trails in the middle of bumfuck until they started ripping everything apart, seen a mtber on spanktube riding one just recently, and it's all overgrown with those prickly Moses wattles :D.

moorey

call me Mia
Interesting that they’re not specing them with a piggyback shock. I guess poppy is going to be the word of the day in reviews for this bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to cut plenty of corners on a Pivot to keep the price under $12k.
Last years models with the ‘base XT’ build were insanely dear, and I think the only XT was derailleur. Rest was SLX/Deore mix.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I actually have liked how Pivot bikes ride / pedal but at Large and XL sizes they're hopelessly too small at the rear. Made worse with one size rear ends for all.
STA is too slack, and they don't seem to be very clear on boost, super boosty boost across the bikes.

Thankfully they don't make this in XL so it's easy to ignore.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I actually have liked how Pivot bikes ride / pedal but at Large and XL sizes they're hopelessly too small at the rear. Made worse with one size rear ends for all.
STA is too slack, and they don't seem to be very clear on boost, super boosty boost across the bikes.

Thankfully they don't make this in XL so it's easy to ignore.

The two I have owned were awesome. I am a big fan of the slacker seat tube angle as well. Now I just need to get some of that miracle money...I am not a fan of their price tag.