Newly Released Bikes General

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
That's exactly how I see it, Yeah Nah... 3.5kg frame with shock on a 105-135mm frame. Frame only for $8000au, no shock, no shipping, no customs and import duties. Probably $11000au+ for the frame and shock landed here.
IIRC his shipping price for the frame was like adding the VAT back on, so customs total bike and shipping costs.

Fuck. off.

The ridiculous price and weight does nothing for me now, its literally something to look at. Plenty other nicer bikes out there at half the price and nearly half the weight.
I hear what you’re saying and I don’t care. I want one more than life itself.

Or one of the Reeb steel duallies. I have all sorts of impure thoughts about those on a daily basis too.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I hear what you’re saying and I don’t care. I want one more than life itself.

Or one of the Reeb steel duallies. I have all sorts of impure thoughts about those on a daily basis too.
That'd be where my money goes too - the Steezl looks amazing and you get the option of a coil or air shock + custom paint job if you have the spare coin.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Nice ! Big difference in a computer machined frame and one handmade in Colorado. If REEB looked after you with the VAT/GST, it's also under $5000 vs $9000.
$5,000 v $9,000 v $50,000 v $500,000 makes zero difference to my likelihood to purchase :D

The dream would be three whips though:

All American - Reeb Steezl, SRAM, Rock Shox, SunRingle etc

Euro Trash - Actofive I-Train 135 mullet, Ohlins, DT Swiss etc

Asian Tiger - Giant Trance X, SR Suntour, Shimano etc

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Nice ! Big difference in a computer machined frame and one handmade in Colorado. If REEB looked after you with the VAT/GST, it's also under $5000 vs $9000.
Nobody having issues with the aluminium square tubing rear end? Steel welds are so much neater than aluminium and round front tubes don't go with box rear imo. Just doesn't vibe with me...the Stanton mix was the same.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Nobody having issues with the aluminium square tubing rear end? Steel welds are so much neater than aluminium and round front tubes don't go with box rear imo. Just doesn't vibe with me...the Stanton mix was the same.
Doesn’t bother me. Have the tissues to prove it.

To be honest, aluminium or carbon rear makes a fair bit of sense for the longer travel I think. Be interesting if they could make a steel flex stay version of the Steezl, a bit like the Last Tarvo.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
$5,000 v $9,000 v $50,000 v $500,000 makes zero difference to my likelihood to purchase :D

The dream would be three whips though:

All American - Reeb Steezl, SRAM, Rock Shox, SunRingle etc - WTB tyres

Euro Trash - Actofive I-Train 135 mullet, Ohlins, DT Swiss etc - Continental tyres

Asian Tiger - Giant Trance X, SR Suntour, Shimano etc - Maxxis tyres
I think I'd want the new Pionion Smart.Shift that can shift under load and comes with trigger shifters.