Newly Released Bikes General

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Didn't Jamis used to make steel touring bikes?
They've made a bunch of different stuff over time, I recall the first commercially available e-bike in Aus was a retrofitted Jamis flat bar road bike, the company putting the motors on the bikes went on to supply AusPost all their current e-bikes. They have steel gravel bikes now, well rooted in MTB though:

Wikipedia said:
Jamis Bicycles was based in Tallahassee, Florida. It introduced the Earth Cruiser, a beach cruiser, in 1979. In 1980, it made the Boss Cruiser, featuring a double-diamond frame and a Cheeks saddle. Jamis sold its Boss Explorer comfort bicycle in 1981, combining the Boss Cruiser and early mountain bikes

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I thought bikes were starting to get exxy...then the Athertons said "hold my beer"

Shit the bed...£3400 for a frame, *I might have to move into a yurt in the boondocks to fund one.

*zero actual interest in ownership.
‘Hold my short-run, limited edition, boutique craft beer.’

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I thought bikes were starting to get exxy...then the Athertons said "hold my beer"

Shit the bed...£3400 for a frame, *I might have to move into a yurt in the boondocks to fund one.

How can they be releasing 50 bikes? I can't even find a photo of one bike. I think 'release' means 'intending to build'?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

Bahahaha. Fookin dreaming!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
How can they be releasing 50 bikes? I can't even find a photo of one bike. I think 'release' means 'intending to build'?
Raising capital to fund season (that’s a guess not an accusation)

That Sounds a bit harsh. I wish them well. Big move to launch your own brand awhile also trying to manage a team AND ride at World Cup level. Big balls all round and i hope they have success in racing and retail.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Raising capital to fund season (that’s a guess not an accusation)

That Sounds a bit harsh. I wish them well. Big move to launch your own brand awhile also trying to manage a team AND ride at World Cup level. Big balls all round and i hope they have success in racing and retail.
Same here. They have designed and built bikes which won World Cup races, so they definitely have some cred there. Just no bikes ....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm not in the market for one of those Atherton bikes, but that's not as bad pricing as I expected. That's "only" roughly $1000 AUD more than a typical Yeti/Santa Cruz/Ibis frame at retail price, and it's a custom frame. That's with 3D printed metal lugs, bonded to carbon tubes. The bonding process would be relatively cheap and easy, but that additive 3D metal printing is very expensive, plus the time spent 3D modelling, plus a custom jig to align it all. I'm not saying they're cheap, but I feel there's a lot more justifying the price with these than with your average moulded carbon bikes.