Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Haha, I've been pondering the same top-tube stays idea for another Waltly frame. I'll look like a copy-cat now!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Haha, I've been pondering the same top-tube stays idea for another Waltly frame. I'll look like a copy-cat now!
Back to the drawing board.
I wonder if they ride like a Ti frame with those long skinny stays, the old triple triangles in alloy were like riding a brick.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yes, I think Chris Porter has a big thing about calling them "push stays" or "linkage stays" as for all full suspension bikes they don't meet the qualifiers to be called a seat stay.
Same reason you don't call the it a seat/chainstay on an Orange, it's just a swingarm.
News to me. What are the qualifiers?

What does Chris say about chain stays on duallys?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
In the strict sense of the word.

Full suspensions are a little different, and depending on the suspension layout won't have parts that are relative to this. For instance, Santa Cruz rear triangles, despite having struts that could be loosely aproximated as chainstays and seat stays, are in fact all one piece that would be described as a "rear triangle" or "rear swingarm" in the same way we describe an Orange's rear swingarm.

That being said, we use language to best describe the approximate part. You wouldn't say you cracked the "upper right strut of the rear swingarm"...you'd say you cracked your "right seat stay", because descriptively it makes sense even if there's no basis for it to be called that.

But, that's why I was making the semantic point of calling it a top-tube stay.

You know, now that I've had to explain the joke, it's killed it...and it really wasn't that good to begin with.
This reminds me of the e-mtb/motorbike/moped argument. See reasonably civilized argument here

https://nsmb.com/articles/godwins-law-e-bikes/

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do like the colour of the new Zaskar.
I think GT has got the colour scheme right over the last few years.
So is it an all all mountain hard tail now or just ridden like one on that vid ?