Newly Released Bikes General

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I love the look of those fox 38 forks. But...but...butt...butts...why the fuck not go for the tried and true 20x110mm axle? I'm assuming the boost in size is aimed at increasing stiffness?
Stop fucking around and bring out some low offset triple clamped forks and there's all stiffness issues sorted. The weight of these 38's must be damn close to the Boxxer/Bartlett. Keep the 15mm axle, keep the axle clamp arrangement...now how about a damper that does something (refer to Vorsprung's dyno results on the 38)

Flow-Rider

Burner
I do like the colour of the new Zaskar.
I think GT has got the colour scheme right over the last few years.
So is it an all all mountain hard tail now or just ridden like one on that vid ?
I asked that myself, because they even had it on dirt jumps but the Zaskar has been everything in the past from DH to XC. With the 66 headangle I would say more inclined for the rowdy trails.

They would be nuts not to bring back a ball burnished polished finished on an alloy Zaskar.
Almost the marketing equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel.
Oh, yeah, now ya talking.
One thing GT has never skimped on is paint jobs.

Brow

Big Block
In the strict sense of the word.

Full suspensions are a little different, and depending on the suspension layout won't have parts that are relative to this. For instance, Santa Cruz rear triangles, despite having struts that could be loosely aproximated as chainstays and seat stays, are in fact all one piece that would be described as a "rear triangle" or "rear swingarm" in the same way we describe an Orange's rear swingarm.

That being said, we use language to best describe the approximate part. You wouldn't say you cracked the "upper right strut of the rear swingarm"...you'd say you cracked your "right seat stay", because descriptively it makes sense even if there's no basis for it to be called that.

But, that's why I was making the semantic point of calling it a top-tube stay.

You know, now that I've had to explain the joke, it's killed it...and it really wasn't that good to begin with.
I am sure it was very funny in your head at the time @Zaf. I do not think you are a Dad yet but you are getting in some good training there for the 'Dad Jokes' in the future.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Went looking for what you mentioned:

What a great video and such a refreshing change from all the press-release BS pumped out almost everywhere else. I'm amazed that the total range of compression adjustment is so limited, but am quite impressed by the developments on the air-side of the fork with using the smaller air spring piston acting on a larger diameter volume to minimise ramp up, and the extra space incorporated for the negative spring. Sounds like taking a "2021" Fox 38 and reverse engineering in a 2020 GRIP2 damper would net you an absolute beast of a fork for enduro riding (more beasty than I'll likely ever need admittedly, but the nerd in me loves the tech).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What a great video and such a refreshing change from all the press-release BS pumped out almost everywhere else. I'm amazed that the total range of compression adjustment is so limited, but am quite impressed by the developments on the air-side of the fork with using the smaller air spring piston acting on a larger diameter volume to minimise ramp up, and the extra space incorporated for the negative spring. Sounds like taking a "2021" Fox 38 and reverse engineering in a 2020 GRIP2 damper would net you an absolute beast of a fork for enduro riding (more beasty than I'll likely ever need admittedly, but the nerd in me loves the tech).
I'm still a bit underwhelmed. The much cheaper Marzocchi Z1 coil will weigh less, be almost as stiff and have a better damper.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm still a bit underwhelmed. The much cheaper Marzocchi Z1 coil will weigh less, be almost as stiff and have a better damper.
Oh yeah, I'm quite underwhelmed by the overall package, but found the air-spring tech interesting.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The ball burnished finish was an absolute c^&t to keep clean and shiny. Leave it in the past where it belongs.
Pah, like owning a black car, looking good comes at a price :) Sparkly hygiene aside, I couldn't resist a shiny finish over weird greys and greens.

Pity GT no longer have a Ti option that always looks good in stealthy way without having to mirror finish polish unless you have the urge.