Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No not XC per se, I like flow, climbing, technical and some descending, just not balls out enduro style (I think..)

I just don't want a road bike with big tyres. I ride a Giant Talon and it's just not the style of bike I want any more.
From that description I would rule out the Mmmbop. It looks very descent focused.

For something in-between what you have now and the Big Al, have a look at the Octane One Prone 29er. I have one, it's a very stiff frame if that bothers you, but a fun geometry. May not be long enough for you though if you are on an XL Talon and want a bit more reach as it is.

clockworked

Like an orange
I'm ideally looking for 10-11 speed but the frame looks fantastic

How much?
Oh the frame, and the other wheel are standard sizing. The ss hub just allows a dishless wheel on a 142mm spacing.
I forget what i paid for them. I'll message y'all back when i get home

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No not XC per se, I like flow, climbing, technical and some descending, just not balls out enduro style (I think..)

I just don't want a road bike with big tyres. I ride a Giant Talon and it's just not the style of bike I want any more.
My Canfield Nimble 9 is pretty much this. With a 140mm fork it is very capable but not a full on HT.
Just a fun bike with out that xc feel.
I swap out the fork for a carbon rigid fork and less aggressive tyres and it becomes my commuter.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
My Canfield Nimble 9 is pretty much this. With a 140mm fork it is very capable but not a full on HT.
Just a fun bike with out that xc feel.
I swap out the fork for a carbon rigid fork and less aggressive tyres and it becomes my commuter.
Lovely frame! Just quite a bit out of my price range.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Already seen it -

No XL in the base model and it's 27.5 only :(

Also, 160mm is a bit overkill for me.
Stop that self limitation thinking right there. :^)

Seriously, my 29" hardtail with 160mm front is just wonderful, and I'm nowhere near a gnarly rider. It keeps the stack nice and high too and if you pick a modern geo frame the STA stays comfortably high too.

27.5" would be excellent.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Already seen it -

No XL in the base model and it's 27.5 only :(
"The frame facilitates 27.5 and 29-inch wheels.
27.5 for small and medium sized riders. Or simply for those who prefer increased handling, comfort and grip.
29 for medium and large sized riders. Or for those who favour efficiency, precision and performance."

Looks like max 60mm width at the rear listed = 29x2.35"

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...and even if the fork does feel like it has too much travel, just stuff it full of spacers and it will effectively become shorter travel - maybe with a touch of extra travel left for "Oh S#!*!!!" moments.