Newly Released Bikes General

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I have an NS eccentirc. It's a 2015 model so it's 67.5° with a 140 fork. The better your hardtail it, the faster you want to go, the less you sit down.
I like your thinking. I'm still working on fitness (195cm and 109kg...) but this means I go faster downhill right?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
20K... thats a new milestone for a production bike :oops::oops::oops:
I like Pivots, and in my experience their build quality, finish and durability exceeds equivalent brands. I also like Chris Cocalis's open admission that he's a complete PITA when dealing with suppliers to ensure quality matches his standards, and most Pivots appear considered, well thought out and usually far more than the sum of their (albeit usually pretty weighty) parts.

However, yes even discounting the stupid Live Valve version $16,700 for a bike with that spec is totally taking the piss. Even for that green:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I like Pivots, and in my experience their build quality, finish and durability exceeds equivalent brands. I also like Chris Cocalis's open admission that he's a complete PITA when dealing with suppliers to ensure quality matches his standards, and most Pivots appear considered, well thought out and usually far more than the sum of their (albeit usually pretty weighty) parts.

However, yes even discounting the stupid Live Valve version $16,700 for a bike with that spec is totally taking the piss. Even for that green:
That price is for the Team AXS which is spec'd with SRAM wireless remote shifting stuff, the Pro XTR/XT spec for $11k is fairly reasonable priced in comparison with it's peers and is the same frame/shock and fork as the higher spec.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That price is for the Team AXS which is spec'd with SRAM wireless remote shifting stuff, the Pro XTR/XT spec for $11k is fairly reasonable priced in comparison with it's peers and is the same frame/shock and fork as the higher spec.
You're right, but my LBS can get you on a top spec Yeti, SC or Ibis with better wheels and AXS for $15k - hence my disbelief at the price difference for the $16,700 version.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Its not us. There's too much competition in dentistry these days. Thats probably software engineer money
Haha I guess there is a lot of comeptition in dentistry now, but software engineers only get that sort of coin when they become startup CEO's.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
You're right, but my LBS can get you on a top spec Yeti, SC or Ibis with better wheels and AXS for $15k - hence my disbelief at the price difference for the $16,700 version.
I've not shopped prices for Yeti, Santa Cruz or Ibis so I can't really comment, is the $15k you've mentioned RRP or is that discounted. Either way it's still pretty extravagant.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've not shopped prices for Yeti, Santa Cruz or Ibis so I can't really comment, is the $15k you've mentioned RRP or is that discounted. Either way it's still pretty extravagant.
Nah that's RRP - which considering AXS is like $3,200 or $3.5k or something by itself is..... um.... reasonable(ish - compared to the Pivot price anyway).

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
sexy ats, not too slack, cos the seat is upright it pedals better , also throws lighter tyre on the rear, makes a good diff
I was aiming for a 29er but this looks too nice hey. All funds permitting but I'd need to spend $200 or so for a dropper on the Big Al anyway so I'm getting a fork upgrade and 12 speed (albeit SX) for $150. Not bad!

Looking forward to finally getting a new bike in May so still more time to save :)

jrewing

Eats Squid
Fuck the big mtb companies. I’ll support value in the direct models who are making mtb’ing affordable still.
Jet black and lustys must have massive margins and coke habits.
Either way fuck them