Newly Released Bikes General

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice to see an alloy option for the smuggler at launch - even it is only available as a full build.

View attachment 397120
Based on Supersports other alloy pricing, that NX build will come in around $6500.
I didn't realise just how much competition there currently was in the 125-140mm 'aggressive trail' category, but it's going to have a be a brilliant riding experience to compete with what else is out there in terms of price and/or spec

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Based on Supersports other alloy pricing, that NX build will come in around $6500.
I didn't realise just how much competition there currently was in the 125-140mm 'aggressive trail' category, but it's going to have a be a brilliant riding experience to compete with what else is out there in terms of price and/or spec
True, and well said. I thought the same thing. Lots of options in that area. The PB commentators are tearing strips off Transition on this one.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
True, and well said. I thought the same thing. Lots of options in that area. The PB commentators are tearing strips off Transition on this one.
I was execited for this realease but it does seem a bit ridiculous. As MattyP mentioned a few pages back, you can get a carbon/alloy Optic fully built for around the $6k mark and at worst it's going to have an XT/XTR mix and RS suspension. Then you've got the Fuel, Stumpjumper, Spectral125, Tempo and Meta TR, plus more who all offer something similar.
I imagine these will sell quite well but Tranistion may have missed a trick here, especially with that alloy build.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I imagine these will sell quite well but Tranistion may have missed a trick here, especially with that alloy build.
Didn't realise Optics were that good value.

I'd imagine like a lot of smaller manufacturers Transition simply don't have the economy of scale to sell stuff as cheaply as the ones you mention. Selling scores of $1000 bikes per year does a bit for your buying power when it comes to components etc.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Didn't realise Optics were that good value.

I'd imagine like a lot of smaller manufacturers Transition simply don't have the economy of scale to sell stuff as cheaply as the ones you mention. Selling scores of $1000 bikes per year does a bit for your buying power when it comes to components etc.
After a quick tour of Clarence St which is essentially a Trek / Bonty 'experience' store.

The pricing is pretty courageous for anything interesting. I think the $10k+ price tag goes long the lines of 'Put it out there and see if we get a bite'.

It is a lot of coin for proprietary hubs and the like. Headset cable routing seems to be the norm too.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 2018 NX Smuggler was $5,056.05 (adjusted for INFLATION) :oops:
It's nuts. Trek just released the new Fuel, that is generally being praised as being a brilliant all-rounder, with similar spec and geo numbers and you can get a top of the line alloy model for $800 less, or a carbon frame, with a shimano drive train for the same price.

I know they are looking at different market segments, and that SuperSports have less buying power, but its still a very steep RRP

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
It's nuts. Trek just released the new Fuel, that is generally being praised as being a brilliant all-rounder, with similar spec and geo numbers and you can get a top of the line alloy model for $800 less, or a carbon frame, with a shimano drive train for the same price.

I know they are looking at different market segments, and that SuperSports have less buying power, but its still a very steep RRP
Just to make it even more nuts, below is the actual amount I paid (the inflated price I quoted above was the 2018 rrp in Aus). That amount I paid below adjusted for inflation is $3,455.93 :D
Screenshot_20230218_163128.jpg

xero

Supersports
It gets worse, the NX alloy build is $7k. That's just taking the piss
Not really taking the P#$% at all - this is just straight basic conversion.. Our pricing has always been set at direct conversions of USD retails plus our GST ( with a decent amount of currency hedging pushed as sharp as it can be )
NX Alloy Smuggler USD is $4199 ( not tax yet added ) Correct currency conversion ( not XE which only shows plus our AU GST / import pricing etc sits it at $6999 AUD .... Unfortunately pricing has increased for pretty much everything raw materials wise, but in terms of US pricing v Aussie we are still pretty close in direct comparison.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Not really taking the P#$% at all - this is just straight basic conversion.. Our pricing has always been set at direct conversions of USD retails plus our GST ( with a decent amount of currency hedging pushed as sharp as it can be )
NX Alloy Smuggler USD is $4199 ( not tax yet added ) Correct currency conversion ( not XE which only shows plus our AU GST / import pricing etc sits it at $6999 AUD .... Unfortunately pricing has increased for pretty much everything raw materials wise, but in terms of US pricing v Aussie we are still pretty close in direct comparison.
Not necessarily you taking the piss but it’s Taking the piss along the line somewhere, in the scheme of things. 7k for a budget build. Too much money but that’s my opinion. Whether others feel that, sales will answer that I suppose.