Newly Released Bikes General

jrewing

Eats Squid
Guess he wants to work less ride more. Sell less units at high price or more at less???
Late to the party one seems pricing wise I feel.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I know they reckon they've done a bunch of testing and stuff, but unfortunately it still looks really unfinished. Could be the best thing ever, but it looks like the leftover from a Meccano set - so it's a pass from me regardless of the price.

That Trinity says ‘frame only’ but I thought it was a gearbox bike ? Is it just a standard RD setup?
BB area can accommodate either a gearbox or a standard BB. Build it how you like it basically.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
That Trinity says ‘frame only’ but I thought it was a gearbox bike ? Is it just a standard RD setup?
It’s a good point. Gearbox equipped bike will be more i guess.

I’d be really interested to know at what point in development they realised they would have to charge so much. I’ve been following along and enjoying seeing what they are doing but $9,000 for just the frame makes it close to irrelevant.

Maybe they need a ‘volume bike‘ based on what they’ve learned throughout the process that is more simple to build and therefore cheaper and then have this as their super-niche offering for the select few that would get value from something they can run as a full on DH or Enduro and really want gearbox etc…

I love to see people build from a point of engineering first rather than marketing first but there has to be some sort of balance or you end up with… well, this.