Newly Released Bikes General

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Probably more for the Gravel Burners or Roadies but the Air Seat
Just a bit more compact version of this...
1700109269655.png

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see nice long rear ends, however would like to see an S5 size for my sake.
It runs 148mm boost but 83mm BB. I'd love to see if it were possible to run a standard wide range cassette on this, and 190mm Zeb or 38 fork so it's a super enduro kind of bike. With 29" rear it'd possibly make the sta and hta acceptable for more than pure DH.

I saw a rider running a Pivot Phoenix DH bike in this spec, with AXS dropper and it looked huge fun!

And I'd pick it in white. That looks lovely.

PJO

in me vL comy
I do have to wonder why you need an idler on a DH bike?
Narrow range cassette, no need for high engagement hub. DH bikes aren't really for pedalling.
Is this a bit over complicated? Or am I missing something!?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I do have to wonder why you need an idler on a DH bike?
Narrow range cassette, no need for high engagement hub. DH bikes aren't really for pedalling.
Is this a bit over complicated? Or am I missing something!?
Otherwise the pedal kickback would be insane from the chain growth. High pivot means it doesn't lengthen on the top/side under tension.

Reactions: PJO

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It runs 148mm boost but 83mm BB. I'd love to see if it were possible to run a standard wide range cassette on this, and 190mm Zeb or 38 fork so it's a super enduro kind of bike. With 29" rear it'd possibly make the sta and hta acceptable for more than pure DH.

I saw a rider running a Pivot Phoenix DH bike in this spec, with AXS dropper and it looked huge fun!

And I'd pick it in white. That looks lovely.
Here is a good article from 2018 I have linked a few times.

I still think its coming for longer travel bikes... at some stage, but not yet it seems.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I still think its coming for longer travel bikes... at some stage, but not yet it seems.

I've just bought a bike with 157 superboost (yep laugh it up) and I still think it's a flash in the pan. Has its pluses (in this instance super short chainstays while having stonks of tyre clearance) but otherwise yeah nah.

Couple it with a wider crank axle standard for some actual heel clearance on the chainstays / seatstays and I might be more interested, but I still reckon if it hasn't caught on yet it's not going to.

ozzybmx

I've just bought a bike with 157 superboost (yep laugh it up) and I still think it's a flash in the pan. Has its pluses (in this instance super short chainstays while having stonks of tyre clearance) but otherwise yeah nah.

Couple it with a wider crank axle standard for some actual heel clearance on the chainstays / seatstays and I might be more interested, but I still reckon if it hasn't caught on yet it's not going to.
I still think it is. I have the opinion if the shortage of corona years hadn't happened, then the oversupply right now, a lot more would have jumped on the band wagon.

CC from Pivot said little jumps, 135-142-148 was pointless, 157mm was the widest you could go without changing the BB width and for me personally, the wider Q of cranks, the better.

My years on a fatbike with a massive Q-factor got me comfortable, then when I went back to regular/skinny Q on a roadie, XC bike etc... I was clawing at the cranks with my toes and crushing my metatarsals on the outside of both feet but especially my left on long rides or races.

Wider the Q for me, the better. It also helped when I went to trail style shoes rather than carbon soled XC/road shoes.

Roll on 157mm Superboost and 31" wheels :p

ozzybmx

The were using the i-Track system from Hugh @ Craftworks but no mention of it on the new one.
So Intense are pulling out of DH for 2024 ? Gwin on a Yeti ?
Strange they then rerelease the M1, or maybe Gwin was pushing them in the other direction for himself.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Really, I talked to Hugh a few years back and thought it was his design... or maybe the i-track design bit escaped me and was more focused on the bike design was his...
Egg on face. I googled it as I swear I was told someone else runs I-track. Yourself and @slowmick are correct. I will see myself out.