Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ok, I'll just see how things go when the fork arrives.

One good point is that its 15 x 110 :)

Going for a ride, might drop by the Ed on the way home for some Coopers Extra's like I did yesterday, then I can come home half pissed and buy all the other parts I need to make this thing work.

Direct mount stem, steerer adaptor, Pit Vipers, matching Slik graphics decals etc... all the essentials.

fghjfghj.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Ok, I'll just see how things go when the fork arrives.

One good point is that its 15 x 110 :)

Going for a ride, might drop by the Ed on the way home for some Coopers Extra's like I did yesterday, then I can come home half pissed and buy all the other parts I need to make this thing work.

Direct mount stem, steerer adaptor, Pit Vipers, matching Slik graphics decals etc... all the essentials.

View attachment 401705
Don't forget the leopard print kit.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
*Goes off to bubu 'drop crown' :oops:

Why would I have needed a drop crown on a different sized bike ?

EDIT: Looks like the 29" fork comes standard with a drop crown where the 27.5" is flat.

View attachment 401703View attachment 401704
Manitou in their wisdom released the new Dorado only considering very short headtubes so to get it to fit 'normal' sized bikes an aftermarket top clamp needs to be purchased to fit the forks. Yours being tiny it's all good!

Also I thought the axle was only in 20mm boost? Does the fork come with adapters and a spare axle?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Manitou in their wisdom released the new Dorado only considering very short headtubes so to get it to fit 'normal' sized bikes an aftermarket top clamp needs to be purchased to fit the forks. Yours being tiny it's all good!

Also I thought the axle was only in 20mm boost? Does the fork come with adapters and a spare axle?
Wiggle has 15x110 on the listing. If wrong @ozzybmx can return and undo his impulse purchase. :p

1691732789843.png

ozzybmx

Yours being tiny it's all good!
Good, I jagged that one... Got something right.

Another small thing I don't know. At a guess it's only 15mm as it was an option over 20mm. If there were adaptors and 2 x axles they wouldn't have specified 15mm or 20mm.

ozzybmx

The Comp fork comes with a med spring, which is retrofittable to the expert and pro.

Probably spot on as I have used a lighter than me spring on a past Push ACS conversion, I'm 82ish so it might be ok. $80 from Dirtworks for the others.

I was on the blue Push spring that was 66kg-75kg.

hjfghdgfhhjfgfhjgf.jpg

kten

The Comp fork comes with a med spring, which is retrofittable to the expert and pro.

Probably spot on as I have used a lighter than me spring on a past Push ACS conversion, I'm 82ish so it might be ok. $80 from Dirtworks for the others.

I was on the blue Push spring that was 66kg-75kg.

View attachment 401718
Did you get a shipping notification yet? Mine are in Frankfurt and history is dictating you should get yours first. Can’t wait to hear what you think of them. Been wanting to try dual crown forks forever!

ozzybmx

Did you get a shipping notification yet? Mine are in Frankfurt and history is dictating you should get yours first. Can’t wait to hear what you think of them. Been wanting to try dual crown forks forever!
Me too... Just don't know how the spring will go.

Some of the small details got overlooked :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just checked tracking.

Looks like its in Sydney, now must be making its way to Adelaide.

dfgdghdffjfdfghj.jpg

Last edited:

placebo

Likes Dirt
Been wanting to try dual crown forks forever!
Had a 40 on mine for a little while now, and it owns on a long travel ebike. I'd put a 40 on another shorter (165mm) travel frame and loved the front end feel. The trouble with the early LED version of the Voima is the head tube is so tall at 140mm, it's a real hassle to get a double crown fork on there easily, and with a range of adjustment left for tweaking the setup. I'm 183cm on a K3. Also, the earlier Voima has a wider head tube that limits turning radius of a dual crown fork. Lower offset crowns seem too limited to me, and I went back to a stock fox crown rather than the mojo drop crown I'd purchased for the Voima, to replace the flat outsider crown I'd used before with the fork on bikes with more reasonably sized headtubes. As it is now I've had no trouble climbing and descending anything around where I usually ride.

headshot.jpg

Turn left.jpg

turn right.jpg

drive side.jpg

kten

Had a 40 on mine for a little while now, and it owns on a long travel ebike. I'd put a 40 on another shorter (165mm) travel frame and loved the front end feel. The trouble with the early LED version of the Voima is the head tube is so tall at 140mm, it's a real hassle to get a double crown fork on there easily, and with a range of adjustment left for tweaking the setup. I'm 183cm on a K3. Also, the earlier Voima has a wider head tube that limits turning radius of a dual crown fork. Lower offset crowns seem too limited to me, and I went back to a stock fox crown rather than the mojo drop crown I'd purchased for the Voima, to replace the flat outsider crown I'd used before with the fork on bikes with more reasonably sized headtubes. As it is now I've had no trouble climbing and descending anything around where I usually ride.

View attachment 402015
Nice rig! I see you feel the same as I do about internal cable routing lol.

How are you finding the brakes? And the shock?

I'm 185cm on a K2. If I had gone the K3 I would have gone for Dave's bar clamps but the bike wasn't quite long enough. I had to get one of his drop crowns for the Dorado's to work too because of the silly headtube length restriction on the standard fork.

@ozzybmx any USD fork updates? Apparenty mine landed in Melbourne this morning.

ozzybmx

@ozzybmx any USD fork updates? Apparenty mine landed in Melbourne this morning.
Haha, been a busy week and I have a long story to tell.

Arrived, fitted, discussed with Wiggle and returned.

So... They don't even make them as a 110mmx15mm, Wiggle and CRC have sold loads and are getting them all returned. I said to them that a 15mm axle is available from forkmods for $199, refund me $199 and I'll keep it. No can do said Wiggle, so I sent it back yesterday.

But I have ordered the Dorado Expert from Germany for not much more than I paid for the comp (about $250 more) and in the next day or so will place a seperate order for a 20mmx110mm DT350, DT comps and an EX511 rim along with a set of ready made E1900's for #2 son.
The spring on the comp felt nice but the reviews on the Expert are really good. It was a heavy brute too.

Test fitted and it looks like over 45° steering angle so should be fine for everything but the tightest switchbacks.

Edit: Fork and wheels ordered separately and a few days apart as I will probably get thumped by customs.

PXL_20230823_051727042~2.jpg

Last edited:

placebo

Likes Dirt
I like fiddling and changing, so I hate internal routing with a passion. The shock is a recent change like the fork, feels great despite doing little apart from winding some spring preload and suggested initial settings, and I've found a use for old Ti springs I've kept from having DH bikes back in the day. I've not been able to put enough time on the brakes to have a valid opinion, but they've been great so far, and it wasn't like I could have gotten what I wanted from trickstuff when I jumped on the pre-order for kahas. Also, having owned a bit of recent fox stuff, the old RC2 damper I stuck in the fork instead of the grip2 it came with, still owns.