Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I was curious if they have brought the entire system over or a tiny part that the marketing team could justify saying ‘cone valve technology’.
Have you ridden on them?
Na, haven't ridden them. Just knew the design from MX forks.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
View attachment 403868

Not released so not sure it belongs here...

https://www.cyclingelectric.com/news/honda-electric-bikes

And there's a gallery from the Japan Mobility Expo about two thirds of the way down the page - also seems to show a mobile charger perhaps?

https://www.japan-mobility-show.com/en/gallery/photo/01_060_Honda/index001.html
As always, Pinkbike comment section says it best:

IMG_1271.jpeg

Chuck in the pinion motor/gearbox and make a few other tweaks and it could probably get close enough to the RN01 to get me to turn.

Stredda

It's been rumoured for ages.
Frankly, if you can get an outgoing Kenevo SL and 'warranty upgrade' the motor to a 1.2, thats the sensible way to go
Will Specialized do that though? I heard that they won't fit a first gen with a second gen motor. For starters you need the harness and TCU but I think they just have a policy not to do it.
I've seen a few people that claim to have done the swap but no evidence that they actually have. It should be possible if you swap everything out, but unfortunately Specialized won't sell the parts separately. :(

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Will Specialized do that though? I heard that they won't fit a first gen with a second gen motor. For starters you need the harness and TCU but I think they just have a policy not to do it.
I've seen a few people that claim to have done the swap but no evidence that they actually have. It should be possible if you swap everything out, but unfortunately Specialized won't sell the parts separately. :(
Yeah, surprise surprise the Big S are likely being dicks about it

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Plenty of evidence on the emtb forum. Straight motor swap.

Stredda

Plenty of evidence on the emtb forum. Straight motor swap.
The few that I have seen have actually gone out and bought a new second gen SL Levo and swapped out all the electrical system and motor to put in either a first gen Levo SL or the Kenevo SL. Bloody expensive way to go about it! :oops:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Couple of new bikes around:

New Husky eeb:
2024 Husqvarna Mountain Cross MC6 Review (flowmountainbike.com)

New Whyte E-Lyte
First Look: Whyte Bikes E-Lyte with Bosch SX Motor - Pinkbike

The Whyte looks great and does apparently have Aussie distribution so they might make it over.
The base model is GBP8k, direct conversion is about 15k but I don't think you'd see that.
Spec list is reasonable with GX T-Type, a Lyrik Select+ and Codes. Only weird one is a non-piggyback shock

E-Lyte 150 RSX trail/enduro electric mountain bike – Whyte Bikes

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like they're out of the Merida factory...

With more big moto players ebiking, should see some serious RnD happening.