Newly Released Suspension & Components General

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Well, not really newly released components, but this could be an exciting development if it can compete with carbon. Still not going to be very environmentally friendly unless they can replace the epoxy with aloe and choko goo, but an interesting development, nonetheless.

Although uncommon, basalt fibre is not new in the bike world; rim manufacturer Gigantex has used the stuff for rim brake tracks for years. It has better friction and higher wear resistance properties compared to carbon, so braking is considerably inproved over plain carbon rims, but until this article I've newver heard of the stuff being used in a structural context, so I don't know how it would compare as a frame material.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Anyone tempted by these “Lewis” brakes doing the rounds that look like Trickstuff copies?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
PNW have launched a carbon bar, with a 31.8mm version coming soon. Available in 25mm and 38mm rise with a 10 degree backsweep.

Apparently performs pretty similarly to the OneUp carbon bar.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Interesting. Coil shock with air ramp. Hmm.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Anyone tempted by these “Lewis” brakes doing the rounds that look like Trickstuff copies?

The algorithm offered them as daily tribute, which intrigued and pleased me.

Might be slightly less intrigued if they also copy Trickstuff's prices.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Interesting. Coil shock with air ramp. Hmm.

I've wondered for years why this hasn't been tried before. I don't need/want it - but it seems like a great solution for a lot of frames.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
There's also these things called air shocks. I hear they work great; as long as they aren't made by Fox.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Yeah but this has the sensitivity of coil and ramp of air :p Price is going to be ouch though - straight conversion is $1418 so likely RRP around $1600. That is the price of a Fast Fenix and not far off an EXT.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yeah but this has the sensitivity of coil and ramp of air :p Price is going to be ouch though - straight conversion is $1418 so likely RRP around $1600. That is the price of a Fast Fenix and not far off an EXT.
So a bargain?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a skinny air shock with a coil over the top.
Its layout is closer to a typical air shock than coil.
ButI don't understand how it is "twin-tube" with only 1 tube around the main piston

Last edited: