Northshore track

Stinky 06

Likes Bikes
I'm wanting to make a northshore track. I have started with a small drop, but i need to know where i can get my hands on some pallets. Everywhere I have asked, hardware, bunnings, worksites have all said no or they want me to pay a stupid amount. I live on the gold coast, so anyone have and idea, let me know

couple of pic of what i've built so far. nothing huge, but still fun

IM000187.jpg

IM000190.jpg

IM000189.jpg

DirtRida_94

Likes Dirt
that looks f..ing mad theres so many lines, jumps
put in a big flowy wallride then it would be complete northshore

DirtRida_94

Likes Dirt
am not in the gold coast, i have tons that i got for free around my house, look and ask around youll find some eventually

bumpygreen

Rate Cool
Pallets

Pallets like the blue Chep ones are leased from chep so people wont want to give thoose away. Alot of the pallets used for imports and exports have been treated to comply with customs regulatios so those are kept to be reused.

That pretty much leaves you with the old smashed up ones. Building sites and the cleanup rubbish skips near them are a gold mine...

gordonvale94

Likes Dirt
originally posted by bumpygreen "Building sites and the cleanup rubbish skips near them are a gold mine... "
yeah i agree, just around my trail there are probably 50 decent pallets in building sites and newly built houses, every man and his dog want a brick wall so wait until they use the bricks and ask if you could have the pallets, unless they're gonna use them then I'm sure they'll hand them over, just don't go nicking them, otherwise the next time you need a pallet you might be met by an angry bloke! that's my theory anyway, i don't know if the brick manufacturers take the used pallets or what but it's worth a try just asking and if it means a case of cheap beer to sweeten the deal for a dozen pallets then do it!

cheers kyle

Pitto

Likes Dirt
check out the industrial area around westfeilds, i saw a few on the side of the road yesterday.

oh, and scrub the local on the end of that movie on youtube. :rolleyes:

Maurice.

Banned
as you can see in the vid. A little dodgy for the first run, but once brased, it's nice and smooth

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtm-Jw_V74
It looks sweet man

I suggest a see-saw, cradleberm, and probably make a step up(if wanted).
for palets go to like a lumberyard or something, they'll sell you great palets at an affordable price.

me and my mates were doing the same thing as you and we went to a lumberyard, and got 300 palets at 150 bucks:)

crispy

Likes Bikes
Pallets??????

as said in first post, "so far. Looking for wooden pallets, know where any are for free?
G'day Stinky,
Try your local tilers or tile outlets, the're always giving pallets away! thats how i scored heaps!

a another option is go for a cruise around any industrial areas nearby, alot of factories don't need hundreds of pallets kicking around and will leave them by the curbside as "FREE FIREWOOD"
my interpretation "FREERIDE MATERIAL"

goodluck!

great video - track looked liked heaps of fun, keep up the good work!

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would take the top part of the drop away and use it to make another floater.

I would suggest star pickets behind the supports on a small ladder like that.

All in all awesome build though mate, have fun.

Stinky 06

Likes Bikes
something else i started on today. Still trying to find pallets, even the building sites aren't letting me take them.

Step up to a gap once finished. Yes, I know it looks scetchy, just used what was lying around, but when i get some good wood, it wil be better

Photo0107.jpg

Photo0108.jpg

Photo0109.jpg