Nose case to careflight 1 (alot of pics)

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
I think so to, he only like broke his collar bone, bruised his lung and squashed his spine...

Hope he gets better soon
But will his parents think the same way??:p

Itl probly take a little more than six weeks for all that stuff to heal but hopefully i get proved wrong.

|Matt|

Banned
I tell ya what aye...shit like this makes me think twice about dirt jumping :eek:

I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

bertie

Squid
Good luck to your mate and I hope his recovery is quick and full. My GF is recovering from a broken spine from a mountain bike mishap. She is getting better slowly but will be fine eventually. Is does make you think twice about how fragile the body can be. The docs and nurses at RNS are the best in the country. He's probably in ward 7d and if so then he is in great hands !!!

nick89_

Likes Dirt
I hope your friend has a speedy recovery. I was watching the videos on his profile, and you all love riding your bikes, so that's not cool for one of you to be hurt doing something like that and you all seemed to be great friends. Get well soon.

Hugle

Likes Dirt
holy shit!!!

marty get well soon mate!!!

i also... will take a stand foir the grove. its a brilliant place even if people are getting hurt there... i have had a fair few stacks there myself.

get well soon marty!!!!

letthiswork1

Likes Bikes
OMG....
I hope u get well soon marty....

Im worried for the grove =(
I really hope they dont trash and and just forget about it and focus on martty :D
my parents said they'll join the resistance of demolishing the gorve :D

Get well soon marty!

brad of sydney

Likes Dirt
well i just got off the phone to his mum, turns out he has broken his back. but not his spinal chord so he will be able to ride again, but his back will never be the same, and he has a badly bruised lung and was having trouble breathing.
im going to see him tommorow.
get well soon mate.

Muz

Grove Master
All the best in your recovery Martin.

When things like this happen, we should all have a think about the risks involved in riding. I'd like to stress the benefits of wearing helmets/armour etc and not riding alone. Luckily Marty is a smart kid and wears a helmet and was riding with his mates. Brad, Povi etc, u guys should be congratulated on what you did in such a hectic situation.

Also, the future of some neat piles of dirt is nothing compared to a mates health/life so never be scared to ring the ambulance or whatever help is required.

We can deal with any threat to the Grove at a later date, for now our thoughts and prayers (if you're into that kinda thing) should focus on Marty, his family and his mates.

Brad, pass on our best wishes to Marty when u see him.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get well soon Martin we are all wanting a speedey recovery. Ya mates deserve a massive shout out, well done fellas. The para's deserve a 6 pack each for Xmas and thank fuck for Careflight hey.

One of my mates from over east booked a short flight on Careflight (I think it was CAreflight, in any case it was a heli lift out), he went OTB's on his KTM, his old man watched as the bike slowly caught up with him (they like to see who can climb the steepest gnarliest hill) and finally cartwheel into him, he was left motionless on the dirt. Fractured a vertabrae and copped some sweet gravel rash, plus a fucking great wallop to the head from the bike. They called the helicopter and they pulled him out in no time, he was back riding within 6 weeks, Careflight guys rock \m/ \m/

ss_pride

Likes Bikes
Sick one marty

Farout thats freakin hecktik, that 3rd jump of the set always had a dodgy kick. Poor Marty found out the hard way. Cheers for Brad and Povi, you guys did a great job of taking car of him. Hope he gets better soon. Poor guy, he wont be riding for a while.:(

Lucky bastard got to fly in a helicopter:D

Hugle

Likes Dirt
hey brad can u also say hi to marty for me and pass on my well wishes

hope he gets well soon :D

MANN THAT SUCKS THAT PLACE HAS CLAIMED SO MANY BONES just realised i had caps lock on) i was it in the daily telegraph this morning (pg 9),and saw the area and it even said the street name which was a bad idea.what jump was it of im gussing 3rd in the pig pack?

hope u get better soon

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bad luck hope he gets better......
And for the stats: was he wearing a full face and any protection?

brad of sydney

Likes Dirt
MANN THAT SUCKS THAT PLACE HAS CLAIMED SO MANY BONES just realised i had caps lock on) i was it in the daily telegraph this morning (pg 9),and saw the area and it even said the street name which was a bad idea.what jump was it of im gussing 3rd in the pig pack?

hope u get better soon
yer, i am pretty annoied that they gave the street name.
hopefully no one takes any noticed of it.

na, third of the small set,( he want going that big)

dose that guy go to riverveiw he looks familiar??
nope he doesnt

Bad luck hope he gets better......
And for the stats: was he wearing a full face and any protection?
shinnies/knee pads, and a helmet.