NSWMTB Retrodicted DH Series

retro racer

Likes Dirt
NSWMTB will be running a 2 round Retro DH series starting in November 2011. Our goal is to get the older riders back out on the older bikes to showcase the grass roots of DH mountain biking in NSW and to enjoy the machines and the rider comradely. These events will be aimed at vet riders and will be held on rider/bike suitable tracks within NSW. The series will have the full support of NSWMTB and it will be run on a grass roots concept.

The rules are very simple and may be open to change in the future.
Vets 30+
2000 model bikes or earlier.
Dual suspension, hard tail or rigid.
Period friendly components.

Also Under 30
Hardtail/Rigid class
NSWMTB full safety equipment rules apply.
MTBA license required.

Venue and dates TBA.

If rider numbers warrant, we may be able to hold age and frame classes. Our goal is to keep costs to a minimum and to promote a friendly and family based atmosphere.
‘It’s not about the winning, it’s about the grinning’

Please fell free to email me for further information or if you have any queries.

John McInnes
NSWMTB Masters Coordinator.

MOB. 0432913800
Email. Retroracer64@gmail.comretro tragic.jpg

Last edited:

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Interested in this, depending on the track.

Need to make sure the fleet of proflex can get down the hill with the rider intact.

retro racer

Likes Dirt
Sammydog,
the tracks will be old shool friendly mate. Mt Gray in Goulburn looks to be the first round. Dates to come later. Bring your mates along.:cool:

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Girvins or Manitou Comps would seem to be the big question now.

Depending on dates, I'm in.

unitec

Likes Dirt
Tall order??

Might be difficult to get numbers as it's hard enough to find old riders these days let alone old riders with vintage bikes.

retro racer

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, we understand it may be hard, but part of this idea is promote the old riders to come have a roll and enjoy the grass roots side of it. 6 riders is a start i quess?

Cuthbert

Likes Dirt
Why not just have a standard Masters race but with a retro class? That way anyone the 30+ guys who have moved onto 'newer technology' can race as well. They did a Masters champs race a couple of years back (at Ourimbah) & had a pretty good turnout from memory..

wadey

Squid
Might be time to dust off the "BEAR". Hasnt been ridden in quite a while, so long in fact that the tires have perished and cracked.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why not just have a standard Masters race but with a retro class? That way anyone the 30+ guys who have moved onto 'newer technology' can race as well. They did a Masters champs race a couple of years back (at Ourimbah) & had a pretty good turnout from memory..
+1

I was at that race and we had a great time!

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
In

Might be time to dust off the "BEAR". Hasnt been ridden in quite a while, so long in fact that the tires have perished and cracked.
wow, you have a bear... I have been hunting for 1for a while. My dream is my old mate(bloody Wilsons) bike. Rip my friend.
And re this concept. I am 46 yrs old and am keen as to get this going as I was heavily involved in dh org many yrs ago....

soontir

Likes Dirt
I would be interested, have an old 99/2k Raceline DH, but getting some of the bike back to those specs might be hard, considering I binned most of the parts.