Official kentlyn thread

adtee23

Likes Bikes
Did some maintenance today between runs. Just a heads up that the track down to the road gap has changed some what. Someone had changed the step down just before the road gap without consulting the builder (Scott) of the track so it has now been fixed and improved. Scott and I also fixed the step before this one too so it is quite a nice smooth run in between the rocks down to the road gap.
looks grreat, keen to try it.. yeah wasnt so keen on the roll down that was there with a bike in it???? xc builders do you think?

scuba05

Likes Dirt
goes pretty good the new bits put in. Still very soft as Craig said, so watch how you hit it.

Another well done addition to kentlyn in my opinion.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Some of us won't be out this weekend soooooo, We thought we'd organise a build/ride day for next weekend. Preferably Sunday. Let us know if you're in, Bring a rake/shovel and we'll work on the main line down through the road gap and beyond to the old see-saw. If we get enough of a turn up, it won't take too long and we can get riding on some sweet trails.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I finally got out to give the new work a try. The little double up the top is very nice. The improved jump just before the road gap jump claimed a victim today. He wasn't expecting the landing ramp and pumped it as if it was still a step!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I finally got out to give the new work a try. The little double up the top is very nice. The improved jump just before the road gap jump claimed a victim today. He wasn't expecting the landing ramp and pumped it as if it was still a step!
Sorry to hear about his stack and I hope he's back to give it another go soon.
I stuffed up one of our first attempts at it on Wednesday and still made it although I left tyre tracks on the lip of the lander. We figured no one could stuff it up any more than I did so it was left as is. Will put up some signs this weekend for the gaps. I assume he was on an xc bike and the 3-4 inches of front travel couldn't soak up the casing.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
just went out for a ride today boys just keep a look out for the snakes there out and about already,good work on the step down craig

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to hear about his stack and I hope he's back to give it another go soon.
I stuffed up one of our first attempts at it on Wednesday and still made it although I left tyre tracks on the lip of the lander. We figured no one could stuff it up any more than I did so it was left as is. Will put up some signs this weekend for the gaps. I assume he was on an xc bike and the 3-4 inches of front travel couldn't soak up the casing.
He was on a Blur LT, but should have been looking ahead or checked it out before riding off it. He has busted some ribs but is otherwise okay. I didn't crash!:D

CraigS

Likes Dirt
He was on a Blur LT, but should have been looking ahead or checked it out before riding off it. He has busted some ribs but is otherwise okay. I didn't crash!:D
Hope he didn't damage his bike.

So is anyone keen to come out and do some work on the trails before riding this Sunday??

Last edited:

DJR

Likes Dirt
I like the changes to the road gap lead in - last time i was there i wouldn't touch it (probably just due to lack of skill on my part) but it's quite nice. The step down gap is pretty hard to undershoot.

Next time we are down we should let you all know so we can do some maint work on it and do our bit...

Petercass

Likes Dirt
Craig i am keen to catch up with you all out there but as i work nights there is little chance of me getting there before eleven!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Craig i am keen to catch up with you all out there but as i work nights there is little chance of me getting there before eleven!
I'm trying to stay out this week a little longer than usual as I'll be out the following week due to child minding duties:rolleyes:
We'll do an hour or two of digging, then ride so you may see us if you're not too late. Probably finish up around 12ish. I want to get a fair bit done, ie fix up doubles at the top of snakes and ladders (removal of pallets, repack etc), new signage at gaps/drops, repair berms, general clean up and stock pile timber etc for future use.
We're still looking for helpers so if you can spare an hour in the morning, come out and lend a hand, esspecially if you're a regular to pay your dues. This includes the xc guys too. The more the merryer.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Craig for President

I am nominating Craig to be president of Kentlyn DH.

All the work that he has done and organising for the changes, he even want to come out when he broke his wrist.

Does any one second the motion?:D

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Road Gap!

Kentlyn's new additions are gnarly! I love the speed you can get down the road gap trail now. I am actually able to almost jump the whole fire trail. Give it another 1 or 2 rides and it'll happen.

Well done to those involved in the construction. Kentlyn has taken over from Menai as my favourite placve to ride and IS now worth the extra drive out to get there even though Menai is at my back door.

Last ride out there was my best ride to date. Now with the hammerschmidt installed, my chain no longer drops off the forward chainring everytime i get a centimetre of air. I especially like the new (think its new) drop which goes off left, at the first turn, on the Cannonball run. Would be great to see some more progress to that track, not to mention everywhere else.

Its about time I got myself out there to help lean on a shovel, just been unlucky with nightshifts falling on or before the date you all head out and getting out of bead at 8am isnt a good idea when I get home just 3 hours before at 5am. :(

Maybe we can meet up for a ride soon with you Craig. I know Pete is keen. Possibly head to Menai for a ride the later week and hit up some of the local trails at ANSTO.

Cheers, Judd.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn's new additions are gnarly! I love the speed you can get down the road gap trail now. I am actually able to almost jump the whole fire trail. Give it another 1 or 2 rides and it'll happen.

Well done to those involved in the construction. Kentlyn has taken over from Menai as my favourite placve to ride and IS now worth the extra drive out to get there even though Menai is at my back door.

Last ride out there was my best ride to date. Now with the hammerschmidt installed, my chain no longer drops off the forward chainring everytime i get a centimetre of air. I especially like the new (think its new) drop which goes off left, at the first turn, on the Cannonball run. Would be great to see some more progress to that track, not to mention everywhere else.

Its about time I got myself out there to help lean on a shovel, just been unlucky with nightshifts falling on or before the date you all head out and getting out of bead at 8am isnt a good idea when I get home just 3 hours before at 5am. :(

Maybe we can meet up for a ride soon with you Craig. I know Pete is keen. Possibly head to Menai for a ride the later week and hit up some of the local trails at ANSTO.

Cheers, Judd.
It can only get better with more helpers. I know some people are going to be in Lithgow this weekend for NSW DH Champs but anyone else willing to come and lend a hand on Sunday morning would be appreciated. If we can do 1-2 hours work, the ride will be so much better than it already is.

Calv

Likes Bikes
I don't really have any time to lend a hand at building before I take off back overseas, but I'll continue to help out by picking up all the empty Mother and other various pieces of trash I find out there. Man if I was homeless, I could make some real cash out of Kentlyn......

Last edited: