Official kentlyn thread

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Crank It - Romy

Look after Crank It and make it yours. Good Job.
There is lots of landfill and lots of rock to armour it.
Enjoy the maintenance and the Riding.

Rode this today and so glad i did. What a great mix and super fun too. Huge credit to all involved in making it so.
Very easy to see that alot of sweat and thought has been put in.
Loved the little signs too. Awesome idea and a great way to have people understand more of the trail.
If i didn't forget the camelbak at home, i'd still be out there. Thanks again

Vas

Newts

Likes Dirt
The little hump before the trail gets crossed by the fire trail now has a little transition so you can hit it with speed and pop off it or roll over it if your not feeling like air.

QUOTE]

There was a little kicker on the corner for about 3-4 years - guessing that with wear and tear and lack of track work it has worn down

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Crank It

Rode Crank It to the Right today. The mound at the Junction of Left & Right looks good now. At the bottom of C I Right a wooden ramp down near the Creek has broken badly. I put a large rock up to warn people off, that way. It is easy to get around the broken wood, but it would be very dangerous to try and ride over. 'As it is not there'.
The Road crossing at Peter Meadows has now been changed lots by the road crew. I think the Council is trying to stop the dumping of all the Palm Trees and lots of other stuff, so is blocking everything off. Fair enough.
There is still a way around the Firegate on the South side. But at the moment it is a step through.
A MOTO had tried to ride The Rock Trail and did a lot of minor damage. I don't think he meant to damage, but as Motos are not as suited to the trail as MTB, he moved a lot of rock etc.
Made my ride a very backbraking ride. For his 10 minutes of fun it cost me around an hour of repair. Still yet to see a Moto Rider doing any maintenance out there.
Ride those XC trails and get that Downhill roaring.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn 32k ride this morning.

All Tracks are riding well. There is a rollover now, next to gate at Peter Meadows Road crossing.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn XC

Rode most of the trails today and all are okay, except.
South of Peter Meadows Rd a 4WD genius tried to drive on the singletrack, taking out about 40 young trees/shrubs.
He has made a mess but all still rideable.
The first bridge in the LUGE is now not rideable.
I think the Fairies will be in there soon.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode most of the trails today and all are okay, except.
South of Peter Meadows Rd a 4WD genius tried to drive on the singletrack, taking out about 40 young trees/shrubs.
He has made a mess but all still rideable.
It could've be the clown that drives in and cuts firewood.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Rode the rock trail this rvo. It's been at least 3 months since I was there last. Love the new section as I had a gopro on my helmet! Made me laugh! Just love kentlyn I might hit crank it on Sunday morning.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
GoPro Film

Rode the rock trail this rvo. It's been at least 3 months since I was there last. Love the new section as I had a gopro on my helmet! Made me laugh! Just love kentlyn I might hit crank it on Sunday morning.
Where is the GoPro vid? Is it on youtube? Or is it still in production.?

Just rode 51kms through Kentlyn/Smiths Creek/Airds. Little water but quite good. All riding well.

Met 6 other riders out there. Three crazy guys jumping off everything/top riders.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Where is the GoPro vid? Is it on youtube? Or is it still in production.?

Just rode 51kms through Kentlyn/Smiths Creek/Airds. Little water but quite good. All riding well.

Met 6 other riders out there. Three crazy guys jumping off everything/top riders.
Still in production, I just haven't had a chance lately but I do have some on you tube from December and January.

Here is our 1st run there. We had no idea where to go back then. This was also my 1st time at editing. My videos are getting better now.

[video=youtube;l1dfqxVUnLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dfqxVUnLk[/video]

Last edited:

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail Vids

Hey Jeffro75,
Didn't realise those were your vids.
They are the best I've seen.
The GoPro section is a little longer now.
Enjoy those trails and look forward to any vids you put up.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the compliment. Im going to film from more angles and off the bike too to make better videos.

Cant wait till it dries up some more. Hopefully no more rain. If it stays dry over the weekend i might hit it up on monday.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Rain @ Kentlyn

Kentlyn is rideable all the time. Yes the main Peter Meadows Creek Trail does have a few water crossings. You will get sand in your gear if it is actually raining when you are there.

The Rock Trail @ Boronia Rd is always okay to ride and holds no water.

Enjoy those trails.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn/Smiths Creek/Airds Bush Trails

Just got back from a 51km ride in Kentlyn etc and all tracks are okay. Very little water and tracks in good condition.
Fairies have been to BENDI. And a 4WD has been at it again North of Peter Meadows Road.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had John from Sth Africa ask me to show him around some good tracks in the C'Town area and Kentlyn came straight to mind. Saturday the 15th, 8am. I usually start form the corner of Darling Ave and Old Kent Rd. Feel free to come along.