Official kentlyn thread

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Saturday 15th 8am @ Kentlyn

I'm in the City that morning, running Park Run @ 8am also and gonna miss.
But there ain't nothin' you don't know about Kentlyn.
Enjoy the ride and the new little bits you haven't seen, as I know you have been busy at Mowbray Park Farm.
For any KENTLYN noobs Crank1979 rides the best trails there.

mtb1611

Seymour
I've had John from Sth Africa ask me to show him around some good tracks in the C'Town area and Kentlyn came straight to mind. Saturday the 15th, 8am. I usually start form the corner of Darling Ave and Old Kent Rd. Feel free to come along.
Mate I'll be there, weather permitting!

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Trail Conditions

Rode 18km loop yesterday Bendi/Peter Meadows/The Rock Trail and all was good till the rain started and got caught at the farthest point from Darling Avenue.
It is not nice to the bike, to ride in the rain. At 13km+ I started to get Chainsuck and that Sucks. Nursed the bike home.
Ran a loop of The Rock Trail (6.33kms) today and it is good.
Luckily Kentlyn dries fairly quick.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully no more rain before Saturday. I'm not keen on fixing two bikes after riding through wet sand for a few hours.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great ride this morning. The trails were in excellent condition.

The new bit on the Rock Trail was good. The new bit on Bendi was okay, but I'm not sure about the consecutive logs.

John, our Sth African friend was very impressed, and stuffed, by the end of it. :)

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
I rode bendi for the first time yesterday rvo by myself. Had a great time. Went in at darling and old Kent. Went the wrong way 1st somehow. Got to the bottom, walked up the terrible fire trail Hill. Then found bendi. Took a few wrong turns here and there but have it worked out for next time. I got footage and will post a video soon.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
What a difference a Day makes.

Ran The Rock Trail @ Kentlyn yesterday and it would have been quite rideable.
This morning ran again in ankle deep water.
Large tree came down on the new bit of trail but it just blocked off a not needed short cut.
No wonder they have postponed the Husky 100.
As Con the Fruiterer would say "cuppla days" it will be good to go again.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Water @ Kentlyn

Probably been spending too much time on The Rock Trail @ Kentlyn.
Can only talk about water there. Virtually none, except a new bit that is not yet settled in, about 50 metres.
I've been riding it or running it every day. Luckily Wednesday last week was a run day as it would have been crap on a bike. Okay the next day though.
TRT is now 6.8kms long and riding well.
Rest of Kentlyn is okay but it does carry some water. Crank It has been changed a lot and is not handling water well.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
My 1st Time Exploring Bendi

Here is my latest video of Bendi. Im still editing another one. I had no clue where to go so I just rode and went some ways twice and walked up hills but had fun.

Enjoy.

[video=youtube;4CC63jZlPjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CC63jZlPjE[/video]

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is my latest video of Bendi. Im still editing another one. I had no clue where to go so I just rode and went some ways twice and walked up hills but had fun.

Enjoy.
Oh man, you were so close to Bendi. You rode the "Lower" track (my name for it) which is usually the return leg of the loop.

Couple of tips:
At 1:20 take the right fork. Easier to roll through that side gully.
At 1:59 turn right. Bendi is about 5m up the hill on the left.
Entry point most used by the locals is down along the dirt section of Darling Ave. By the looks of it you parked near the Child Care centre. Instead of turning right onto Old Kent Rd keep going along Darling Ave past the gate and you can't miss the trail on the right about 100m along. This track takes you to where you turned right at 2:45 in the video.
At 5:46 you crossed over the descent track from the end of Bendi.

Cheers,
Michael.

Last edited:

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Oh man, you were so close to Bendi. You rode the "Lower" track (my name for it) which is usually the return leg of the loop.

Couple of tips:
At 1:20 take the right fork. Easier to roll through that side gully.
At 1:59 turn right. Bendi is about 5m up the hill on the left.
Entry point most used by the locals is down along the dirt section of Darling Ave. By the looks of it you parked near the Child Care centre. Instead of turning right onto Old Kent Rd keep going along Darling Ave past the gate and you can't miss the trail on the right about 100m along. This track takes you to where you turned right at 2:45 in the video.
At 5:46 you crossed over the descent track from the end of Bendi.

Cheers,
Michael.
I ended up finding Bendi I just have to edit it. I will use these tips next time. Thanks.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail - Kentlyn

The Rock Trail is now clear after last nights Big Wind.
Lots of small trees down and a hell of a lot of sticks.
Enjoy the trail and CAUTION on the 'FILTHYFROTHER'.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
looks like a sweet setup you guys have out there
im heading out there for the first time next weekend
so watching as many vids of the tracks as I can
to try and get feel for place, as I'm taking my sx trail for its first outing, I might stick to some easier tracks , so I can gets some ride time on it ,
I actually met the filthyfrother last weekend at the menai build day
nice bloke , even though he knocked me on my ass by pushing a
tree on top of me :bounce:
Grant.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I spent 2+ hours cleaning Bendi this afternoon. Still lots of little sticks and twigs laying around, most of the spoke breaking size and larger sticks have been removed.

There are 3 trees down across the track that were too big for me to move. The first one is just after the gully before the Bendi sign. Second one is a bit further on from the Bendi sign. The third is on the lower single track just past the end of the fire trail. I didn't have a saw with me so I couldn't cut them away. Hopefully I will be back out there in the next few days with a bush saw and trim them off the trail.

CBG.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Tracks

Best to park, is end of Boronia Rd, Kentlyn. Just beware that Google etc says that it is a through road. It is a deadend off Georges River Road.
Park there and the Xc is in the Firegate to T Junction right for 40 metres and right at tape on tree easy to follow track, 6.8kms.
For the Downhill it is T Junction up hill and at top on right, all trails lead out from there.
There is more Xc all over including BENDI but you need the Trailflix Map to find it.

http://www.trailflix.com.au/tfx_new/trails.php?id=kentlyn&&component=topomap

Have some fun.

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
looks like a sweet setup you guys have out there
im heading out there for the first time next weekend
so watching as many vids of the tracks as I can
to try and get feel for place, as I'm taking my sx trail for its first outing, I might stick to some easier tracks , so I can gets some ride time on it ,
I actually met the filthyfrother last weekend at the menai build day
nice bloke , even though he knocked me on my ass by pushing a
tree on top of me :bounce:
Grant.
Ha ha.. Yeah, sorry about that Grant! Hope you didnt pull up tender!?
Mate, I might even head out there Saturday. I could point you in the right direction if we cross paths. However, Bobs directions are spot on, its all easy to find on that side. See how the weather is looking and ill touch base wih you later in the week.
Every chance out there you will see 'me' land on my back!

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
mate it takes more than 2 ton of eucalyptus tree falling(being pushed )
on me to slow me down
us shire boys are pretty tough
although I did chip a nail :-(
I'll pm you next week about what type of trails, and the local customs out there in then wild west
but now its off to get that chipped nail fixed.
Grant