Official kentlyn thread

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Cheers thanks, yep had a blast today; got a good circuit figured out....
Good one. Rode a 35 km trip today using some parts of Campbelltown/Kentlyn. Just got back.

You can link up Kentlyn with Airds fire trails, Smiths Creek etc. Lots of options.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Bike Rack Number Plate FOUND at Kentlyn

Number Plate BQ98PL Found at the end of Boronia Road Kentlyn near the Downhill/The Rock Trail XC Trails.
It had been there about a week so I put it at the Numbers Gallery halfway into The Rock Trail.
Wouldn't have lasted much longer next to the road.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
It will be sweet, best draining trail I've ever ridden, there may be a little bit of water in one gully but other than that it will be perfect.

ChopSticks

Banned
Bob,

whats your take on riding kentlyn in the wet?
I've heard it drains very well, and given how rocky it is.... I doubt damage will be done

HOWEVER you are the guy behind this trail! What's your take on it? Would hate to ruin all your work!

I rode out there last week and the trail was in fine condition despite all the wet weather we had. Very grippy and no waterlogged parts at all other than the one small gully crossing - seems to always be wet there from the run off. I blew a tyre on the second lap thanks to my semi dented rim which ruined my morning though :mad:

If the word is to stay clear as we've had a lot more rain this week, all good. I don't want to see this fantastic trail ruined.

*thumbs up* to Bob as well

Last edited:

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Ride it guys. The little gully with water is shallow and it is a sandstone bottom.

You can't hurt this one. Haven't been since Sunday but it was great then.

The only issue is, since I haven't been for 5 days there might be a tree or two down, just don't know.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone still ride the Darling Ave side?

If so what is the condition of the trails? I haven't been out that side for almost a year!
I have been busy the last few weeks so I haven't been out there to see if there is any damage from the recent weather. The last time I was out there the trails were in good condition. Bendi is now over 2.5km long. The technical descents (Bendi and the Lower track) are very rough but the rest of the area is good.

Check out this map of the trails south of Peter Meadows Rd: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-34.0649/150.8505.

Cheers,
CBG.

Last edited:

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
CBG, the parcel of land that skirts along junction Rd, I noticed there are no trails, is that
a no go area ?
Or is that Bob's secret hideout. ....

Last edited:

mtboer

Likes Dirt
CBG, the parcel of land that skirts along junction Rd, I noticed there are no trails, is that
a no go area ?
The bit North of Peter Meadows has potential, but has had a lot of resistance over the years by some local, hillbilly.

The bit South of Peter Meadows to Darling is also good but hilly. But you probably wouldn't get the same resistance as the Houses are further away etc.
This side did have a big DH jump across the River/Creek. It started up behind the Buddist Temple on the corner.
On the flatter area near the creek there are some great holes or cavities that have potential, in the Bellbird area.

Bob

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a no go area ?
What Bob said.

Just be careful as that big open field on the south side of Peter Meadows Rd was a rubbish tip. There are bits of rubbish (including metal) poking up through the ground all over the place. Also, it was a tip from the good old days when no one cared about dumping toxic shit. There is a row of big dead tress along the creek there. I was told by a guy who lived in the area that all those trees died off over a very short period of time. He reckoned that someting leached out of the old tip and killed the trees. I don't think this is a good area to use. And I know of one guy who whilst jogging out through there drank out of Peter Meadows Ck, it made him violently ill.

There are other tracks in the area that I have not added to OSM. I decided to focus on the ridable tracks, if I get time I will probably add more of the non-ridable tracks but I am in no hurry to do this. All the trails on the north side of Peter Meadows Rd need to be done again and there are some bits missing that need to be added as well. Re-mapping the north side of PM Rd is a higher priority.

Cheers,
CBG.

Last edited:

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Number Plate BQ98PL Found at the end of Boronia Road Kentlyn near the Downhill/The Rock Trail XC Trails.
It had been there about a week so I put it at the Numbers Gallery halfway into The Rock Trail.
Wouldn't have lasted much longer next to the road.
BQ98PL Bike Rack Plate at Kentlyn is at The Number Gallery on The Rock Trail

The Rock Trail is clear of sticks but lots of leaves.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Anyone getting out there this weekend? Keen to get back into it especially fixing and building new additions!
Not me Beaves, I'm riding Wentworth Falls to Glenbrook , Sunday.

If you ride from Boronia Rd, there is usually someone to ride with.