Official kentlyn thread

troublemaker

Likes Bikes
Im aiming to get out there this saturday morning (9:00am start at Darling Rd) so would be happy to show you all the XC stuff thats there. If your keen let me know.... open offer to anyone else whos keen.
yeah, I,m there

Calv

Likes Bikes
yo calv dont think im going down to canberra now got another appointment with the dentist haha got alot of work to go yet....Kids never get mouth piercings comes back to bite you in the ass later in life.
give me a msg if your heading out saturday morning mate!
hahaha my next dentist appointment is the Monday after Canberra ....those girlfriend's of ours are costing us some dosh lol

I don't think I'll make it out to Kentlyn beforehand now as we're leaving pretty early in the morning for Canberra now. But I'm definitely in for next weekend though, let me know when you'll be out.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
bloody women mate lol

next saturday gonna ride somewhere but not sure where yet ,where you guys gonna head to?

ademb

Likes Dirt
Hadn't heard of this track before, whats it like? Any decent freeride/downhill stuff. Me and my mate have mainly just been riding the menai dh stuff and the ANSTO trails.

Worth a trip out there?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Hadn't heard of this track before, whats it like? Any decent freeride/downhill stuff. Me and my mate have mainly just been riding the menai dh stuff and the ANSTO trails.

Worth a trip out there?
Could be:rolleyes:
We'll be there from 8.30am Saturday.
Do some work first then ride. Will be fun

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
WCP might see you guys out there. If you do ride up the DH tracks, keep your eyes open for us coming down. Some xc guys ran us off the track 2 weeks ago, even put Greg OTB. Not very good.
We'll watch out too.
Geez thats no good.. will keep an eye out

troublemaker

Likes Bikes
WCP might see you guys out there. If you do ride up the DH tracks, keep your eyes open for us coming down. Some xc guys ran us off the track 2 weeks ago, even put Greg OTB. Not very good.
We'll watch out too.
Today 09:09 AM
still on this Sat. I'll stay at back off bunch so you fellas can clear the path.
what sort off time frame is this ride set for so I can be prepared. I don't have any plans.I was gonna invite a mate along, is this fine? He's as fit as me, though I feel like the anchor already.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
still on this Sat. I'll stay at back off bunch so you fellas can clear the path.
what sort off time frame is this ride set for so I can be prepared. I don't have any plans.I was gonna invite a mate along, is this fine? He's as fit as me, though I feel like the anchor already.
I would think no more than 1.5 hours as I cant spend all day out :)

Your mate is welcome too

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Hey guys.. i've been struck down with a throat infection :( so wont be able to play tourguide tomorrow.. really sorry for this.

Troublemaker, let me know you get this before tomorrow morning and if you want some directions let me know and i can point in the right direction.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
For anyone willing to help out, we are organising a build day in 2 weeks time to move the end of the main DH line from the top of the old see-saw across the right hand cliff face to add another 100m or so of track with the options of small drops and off camber sections.
We are looking to find as many people as possible to help out whether it be for 15 mins or 2 hours. We're aiming to have the bulk of it done within a 2-3 hour time frame so for all you guys who ride out there, come and lend a hand.
Tentative for Saturday 19th Sept, otherwise Sunday 20th.
We will try to have it marked out before hand so it will cut down on the build time, but we are aiming to also repair the existing track from the road gap down to the new section at the same time.
The track from just above the see-saw will be closed off so the bush can re-generate and the timber work will be re-used else where or removed.
Let us know if you're keen to help

scuba05

Likes Dirt
il see what i can do about coming out to lend a hand. After riding in kentlyn for many years, i think i should lend a hand doin some maitenance. Il keep an eye out for the date and try keep it free. Il try and convince some mates to come out and do a bit of digging etc.

Ando78

Likes Bikes
working beeeeee

im in sunday the 20th craig early start would be good then a ride after let me know when you wona mark it out
i will bring a barrow down on the day to

Last edited:

blakemuller

Likes Bikes
For anyone willing to help out, we are organising a build day in 2 weeks time to move the end of the main DH line from the top of the old see-saw across the right hand cliff face to add another 100m or so of track with the options of small drops and off camber sections.
We are looking to find as many people as possible to help out whether it be for 15 mins or 2 hours. We're aiming to have the bulk of it done within a 2-3 hour time frame so for all you guys who ride out there, come and lend a hand.
Tentative for Saturday 19th Sept, otherwise Sunday 20th.
We will try to have it marked out before hand so it will cut down on the build time, but we are aiming to also repair the existing track from the road gap down to the new section at the same time.
The track from just above the see-saw will be closed off so the bush can re-generate and the timber work will be re-used else where or removed.
Let us know if you're keen to help
G'day mate, by any chance are you the guy that rides the Santa Cruz out at Kentlyn?
Should be able to come down with a few local boys to help on your build day. We actually had a similar idea for the Road Gap run, we love it, it just ends too abrubtly at the moment. Am i right in saying that just before the old seesaw you'll hang right, down the rocky area?

Ando78

Likes Bikes
ye thats us
ye thats the plan to go wright over the off camber stuff then drop in were the two tracks meet
be great to see you down there with some tools if you got the time to help